DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A New Theory from a New Reader

I see the logic of your theory, and even admire it some because you aren't blnded by putting up with 20 years of hating Egwene. I personally don't like her and I think that clouds my judgement of her. But at the same time, I hate her character because of the way she acts and the things she does. Considering her previous ways, and while I like your theory, I do believe it's wrong. Sure, she may come around before the last battle, but it's not because she has personal wisdom or insight. I think she's grown as a character but I truly believe she is going to oppose him with everything she has until she comes to the realization it's a lost cause.

Even if she gts the armies of the world to agree with her, Rand will turn them to his way of seeing things because of Ta'veren. The ones who still don't see it Rand's way will stand no chance when Mat and Perrin agree with him and bend the pattern along with Rand.

Good theory though. I just disagree.

Nice theory, although that would be some "Scooby Doo" shenanagins if it happened. I'd be very upset. Ahaha, We tricked you all in to coming! We're not enemies, we really wanted everyone here to smash the seals together! AS A TEAM!!!

That being said, I laughed pretty hard at, "Rand you be so crazy" HA!

I respect her for thinking Rand's wrong, however I guess I'm most bothered because she never questioned why he would think such a thing. I mean, does she realize he is Lews now? (I really can't recall if she accepts this) if she does, and she still disagrees, that's just foolish.

Nice theory, although that would be some "Scooby Doo" shenanagins if it happened. I'd be very upset. Ahaha, We tricked you all in to coming! We're not enemies, we really wanted everyone here to smash the seals together! AS A TEAM!!!

That being said, I laughed pretty hard at, "Rand you be so crazy" HA!

I respect her for thinking Rand's wrong, however I guess I'm most bothered because she never questioned why he would think such a thing. I mean, does she realize he is Lews now? (I really can't recall if she accepts this) if she does, and she still disagrees, that's just foolish.

Just a quick note, I stated several times that Egwene does NOT agree with breaking the seals, what she is doing is gathering the armies for the Last Battle and controlling the opposition so they don't do anything stupid like try and kill him. She is waiting for him to explain it at Merrilor. The only part she is playing in regards to the seals is she is overstating her opposition and feigning a hardline approach, so as to be seen as his biggest critic, but in actuality, she is waiting to hear his reasoning. This is not working together as a team to break the seals.

And no, she doesn't know he is Lews Therin. Rand did tell her that he was integrated, but he gave no further explanation, so naturally she is sceptical. Also, even if she believes he is telling the truth, she does not know that he has access to all of Lews Therin's memories. I agree, if she knew and accepted he was Rand Sedai, it would be silly.

Archived