DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi

redsonics

Hi everyone, it's nice to have found a whole community dedicated solely to the wonderful series The Wheel of Time I have just started reading. I am just but reading book #2 The Great Hunt after letting The Eye of the World immerse me to this fantastic world, even 'til late hours at night, and let me express that so far so much, I've enjoyed it to the last bit. I expect to keep reaching for more of this great adventure as well as to keep track of the going-on here in the forums. I just need be careful of not encountering myself with any spoilers >.<.

Light shine upon you all! ^_^

Hi Nico,

I'm Ithi - sometimes the Light shines upon me and sometimes it doesn't, it depends where you meet me here on DM.

There are lots of spoilers on here I'm afraid, so do be careful. I think it is very much assumed that most visitors to the site will have read all the way up to ToM and they don't have to post theories or discussions in spoiler boxes anymore. That being said ... the books are so good that if you do happen to spot something from future books, it probably won't spoil your enjoyment of them. People have been reading and re-reading them over and over again and still can't get enough even when they know exactly what is going to happen.

There are WoT discussion Threads available. Please let people know if you don't want them to give you spoilers and they will try their best. No-one here wants to ruin anybodies reading experience. :smile:

So, now that you have found us, what do you intend to do with us? I started off with a couple of posts in the General Discussion forum, not trusting my own knowledge of the books to be enought to hold my own in the WoT discussions. I quickly headed further south into the Social Groups, which are a great place to find like-minded (ish) to talk to and do WoT type stuffs with.

I'm in a couple of Orgs myself - The BT and the WT. The BT is centred around Asha'man type stuff, which you won't actually have read about yet ... >.>

I'm also in the WT - which should be a more familiar concept to you. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try my best to answer them, or poke someone else to come and answer them if they are too tricky. I know this person who is quite clever with all things WoT :wink:

Welcome to Dragonmount Nico!

A piece of advise- Read the books as fast as you can.

You should stay away from Discussion. they are a sure place to find spoilers. Social Groups are better, normally they don't have so much spoilers.

Who is your favourite character till now? What is your favourite scene? a small voice whispers say "Rand vs Ishmael"

Enjoy your time here! If you have any questions, just ask!

Hey there Nico! I agree with Pankhuri that the Discussion forums might not be a good idea till you've read a bit further in the series, you could end up seeing spoilers even in the titles of threads! As Ithillian mentioned, The Social Groups can be an immense amount of fun and can help you see other fans perspective while you continue reading :happy:. Plus you have the chance to start some great friendships!

I am also a member of the Black Tower, and I invite you to come check us out! We're a bit zany because of the Taint's hold on us, but we can be loads of fun!

Thank you Ithillian and Pankhuri, for your quick reply. And I definitely agree with you Ithillian about, spoilers not really affecting my immense amusement for the series, but I will have to avoid them as best as I can as Pankhuri suggests, just to satisfy my greedy curiosity. I am sure I will enjoy much the open discussions on your forum, especially as I further myself more into the books, having more to discuss about of course. ^_^ I once again like to thank your kindness and warm welcome to the community and will be, from time to time, checking out every bit and corner it has to offer me. I must say it is rather hard to let go of the books though, even if it is to check DM forums or my own e-mail. Burn me, but I have to admit, it is too much of a wonderful reading! I will try to keep my reading steadfast as Pankhuri suggests, to catch up to your knowledge as fast as possible. Ithillian, I will also have a look at the Social Forums, since I do find it interesting to meet other like-minded (ish) people too, as you say. By the way, what are the Orgs you mentioned? I would sure like to know. Well, I will be seeing you here often, so it's not goodbye, rather a See you Later :).

Pankhuri: Yes, Rand vs Ishamael was great to read. So much I wasn't aware that my reading picked up a rather quickened pace. I'd also like to add that Perrin Aybara's ability is uniquely fantastic, I envy him; and that Nynaeve's angry actions and manners before Aes Sedai have made me laugh aloud so hard, that I had people staring at me at the coffee shop. ^_^. At the moment, Al'Lan Mandragoran is my favorite character :).

Hey there Nico! I agree with Pankhuri that the Discussion forums might not be a good idea till you've read a bit further in the series, you could end up seeing spoilers even in the titles of threads! As Ithillian mentioned, The Social Groups can be an immense amount of fun and can help you see other fans perspective while you continue reading :happy:. Plus you have the chance to start some great friendships!

I am also a member of the Black Tower, and I invite you to come check us out! We're a bit zany because of the Taint's hold on us, but we can be loads of fun!

Thank you for your warm welcome also! I will refrain myself from peeking the discussion forums, but will surely join the Social Groups! I would really like to know more about the Black Tower, if it's fun as you say! :D

I am in the BT with my counterpart Despothera, where I am of the Shadow. I am also an AS of the Blue Ajah in the WT. In both of them I do have a special interest and affection for our newer members. I am the Aspie (new member) Liaison for the Blue Ajah and I currently having an immense amount of fun in the BT teaching my Apprentice to be all Shadowy.

The Social Groups are fun :smile:

Lol looks like you've already picked up on the Wheel of Time style of cursing hehe. The Org's that Ithillian mentioned are the Social Groups you can find further down the Forums page. I for example am most active in the Black Tower, where we tend to be a little bit silly but still have a great time :biggrin:

Whoops! Look like we got some ninjas here! :tongue:

If you think you might be interested in the Black Tower Nico, definitely stop by there, we'll give you a warm welcome there as well! There's a thread there specifically for newcomers, you can post in it and soon you'll find your own welcome thread being created! Interesting thing you already have in common with our Social Group: our Group Leader's real name is Niko :ohmy:

Archived