DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did you know...?

U4ea

I saw this today and thought it might be fun to see how much January related trivia we can dig up and share. :) Feel free to add to it!

For example, January 17th is Benjamin Franklin's Birthday!

nder the original Julian Calendar, March was the first month of the year. Then some guy, with some name (I can't remember. :tongue: ) Added January and February as months during the winter (which previously was a monthless period). I can't remember the dates given to this addition either. It's all accredited to Roman tradition--meaning that there are about 3 major accounts that agree that it happened, but they all disagree on the when, and sometimes the who involved. :dry:

nder the original Julian Calendar, March was the first month of the year. Then some guy, with some name (I can't remember. :tongue: ) Added January and February as months during the winter (which previously was a monthless period). I can't remember the dates given to this addition either. It's all accredited to Roman tradition--meaning that there are about 3 major accounts that agree that it happened, but they all disagree on the when, and sometimes the who involved. :dry:

Originally the Georgian Calendar had 10 months, but was expanded to include January and February sometime around 700BC by the Roman ruler Pompilius, who gave it 30 days. It is said Julius Caesar gave it 31 days.

Just to elaborate. :smile:

As for my trivia:

January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day.

Archived