DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tower of Ghenji

Frost Wynters

I didn't like the part.

It doesn't explain how the heck Birgitte was able to survive for a whole month in that place, regardless of the fact that she was a 'legendary' hero.

She likely survived that long because the *Finn didn't consider her a real threat and were enjoying her misery.

I have mixed feelings on the ToG. On one hand I think that the sequence had to be short simply because the reader would quickly become tired with too much *Finn weirdness. On the other hand I was a bit disappointed with just how mundane that weirdness was. Repeating corridors and weird smoke-and-mirrors was a bit underwhelming. I couldn't help but compare it to Daenarys trip through the House of the Undying, which was more threatening and memorable.

Don't get me wrong--I liked the dialogue and action in the chapter--it was just the description and metaphysics of the *Finns' world that I found unsatisfying.

-- dwn

I didn't really have a problem with that scene either. It was happening very quickly. Mat had to think faster than lightening to stay one step ahead of those things, and I think the way it was written conveyed that 'rush and hurry' feeling. Probably too well - I think a lot of people hurried through it and missed too much. Re-read, it's not so bad! It's not like Mat could have stood around and info-dumped for the reader. I do wish there had been more detail about Moiraine, I mean, it's Moiraine! She's going to save Rand's butt at TG! And she's been held prisoner all this time! And she's...*whispers* naked! But I was satisfied in the following scenes when she told the boys what she'd been through. So in all, I think it was OK.

I have to say, unless I bothered to pick it all apart, I think Brandon is doing a fine job - I haven't noticed much of a difference because I've been so absorbed in the plot, which means...he's doing a good job.

Archived