DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9/11 Memories

Kivam

ah i get what your saying. i had known they existed, before 9/11 but never felt anything towards them. i knew they were a hub for commerece and had seen them, i even have a picture i took in 96 of the new york sky line comming in from the Hudson Bay on a field trip. we went up in the empire state building instead of WTC though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I woke up to go to school (I was 5 at the time) and I turned on the TV to watch Teletubbies but instead the news was being broadcast and showing images of the WTC and the planes. I had no idea what they were at the time but I knew that it was a very bad thing and as I have grown older, the meaning and significance of the event has really shaped my perception of the world.

I was a Junior in High School at the time. I live in CST so the second plane hit just a minute or two after school started. My first period teacher told us about it. It must have been right around when the second plane hit, but we only knew about the first one at the time. Like everyone else I thought it must have been some horrible accident. Probably about five minutes later we found out about the second plane and we were pretty much glued to the TV for the rest of the day.

Archived