DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NCAA Football 2011

ghosack

Preseason Champion Prediction  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Of the Preseason Top 10 - who is most likely to win the BCS National Championship?

• Oklahoma
    • Alabama
    • Oregon
    • LSU
    • Florida State
    • Stanford
    • Boise State
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas A&M
    • Wisconsin

After a long spring and summer, college football training camps are finally starting to get into gear around the country. For me personally, this is one of the greatest times of the year, and there can be few things better than discussing the dozens of games that occur every weak from September-January. So, while we wait for the first games, it's finally time to ponder what will happen over the next few months. The 2011 Preseason Coaches' Poll has been released, and there are some old favorites as well as some new members in the rankings. Is anyone surprised about and of the teams that were or were not included?

What does everyone think about the major shifts in Conference Affiliations that are kicking in this year? The new Pac-12, BYU as an Independent, Mountain West losing and gaining teams, the new Big 10 (which has 12 members) and the Big 12 (which now has 10 - confusing, I know!).

With so many games every week, there is always something to discuss - so post your opinions, thoughts, and complaints.

(FYI - My team has and always will be the Notre Dame Fighting Irish - you either love 'em or hate 'em!)

Alabama is always a good choice. The SEC has been dominating the National Championships lately - I wouldn't be too surprised to see them do it again (probably why I always find myself cheering against them!)

As for Duke, at least you guys have basketball! And one of my favorite things about college football - you never really know what teams are going to surprise everyone.

Vanderbilt is my team, but I tdon't expect a National Championship this year.... maybe next. :biggrin:

From this list above, I would like Alabama to win it being SEC, but gut says Oklahoma. Alabama lost several key players this year. Maybe Boise State will get some respect and win it?

I would love to see Boise State get a shot at a Championship. Their record the past few years has been absolutely ridiculous - 61-5 under Petersen - it's just too bad they rarely play any teams that you can really measure them against. Being in the Mountain West is at least a little better than the WAC, but not by a whole lot. They're going to be a topic of debate until they get the chance to try and prove themselves.

The problem with Boise State is that the conference they are in sucks and any Big Time non-conference teams have nothing to gain by playing them. Say USC comes in and wins, people would say "Yeah you won, but it is Boise State." If USC lost, "Wow, you guys lost to Boise State!" Their record over the past several years may eventually get them into the upper echelon of teams and draw in those Big Time games. But before now, that was the problem.

The best solution would be for Boise to move to a better conference.

I absolutely agree that they should change to a better conference - the new Pac-12 would be a good fit. Moving to the Mountain West looked it would have been useful, until BYU, Utah, and TCU all decided to leave. It's a little better than the WAC, but still a far step from being a BCS conference.

A playoff structure would resolve a lot of these issues to. If Boise State goes undefeated yet again this year, there's a good chance they'll make the Championship Game, which means they'll have a bunch of easy games and one really tough one. If there were a playoff structure, they would at least have a couple of really competitive games at the end of the year to prove whether or not they are worthy of going to the BCS National Championship game.

Archived