DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where in the World is the Brown Ajah? [July 2011]

Raena

The deadline for getting your guesses in is July 31!

Take a look the June edition: Where in the World is the Brown Ajah? [June 2011]

Welcome to the July edition of “Where in the World is the Brown Ajah?”! I revived the game for the Brown Ajah’s Travel Event and I promised there would be a new location each month. I’m a little late, but it’s time for this month’s location.

HOW IT WORKS

The Brown Ajah is visiting a place (it could be a city, state, province, country etc.) somewhere in the world and will record information about that place to share with all of you! However, you know us forgetful Browns! Without YOUR help discovering the name of the location we're visiting we might not be able to find our way to the next destination or worse yet... home!

HOW TO PLAY ALONG

For the rest of July we will be telling you about the place we're visiting. We'll share pictures, historical facts, and other interesting things about the location. As we give details of this place you must try to figure out where we poor, sometimes absent-minded, Browns have wandered off to! When you think you know the answer PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. Each person gets one guess so don't send in your answer until you're SURE you know where we're at. The first person to guess where we've gone is the winner!

WHO CAN PLAY?

Everyone! Initiates, Novices, Algai, Manshima, Accepted, Der’manshima, Aes Sedai... you don’t even need to be a member of this Social Group to play along since everything will happen on this board.

“Where in the World is the Brown Ajah?” will continue for the rest of the year, with the Brown Ajah visiting a new location each month. There will be a winner each month, and an overall winner at the end of the year.

The monthly winner will be the first person who sends in the correct answer. The overall winner will be the person with the most points at the end of the year.

If you send in the correct answer during the first week of the month, you will get 4 points.

If you send in the correct answer during the second week, you will get 3 points.

If you send in the correct answer during the third week, you will get 2 points.

If you send in the correct answer during the fourth and last week, you will get 1 point.

If you send in an incorrect answer, you will get 0 points.

This month is obviously different since I’m late in starting it. That's why everyone will get 4 points if they guess correctly!

Questions? PM me or ask them here - you are allowed to post in this thread! Have fun!

The deadline for getting your guesses in is July 31!

Do you want the Brown Ajah to virtually visit YOUR hometown (state/province/country etc)? Then you should become a host!

Simply PM me with the name of the place where you live, and some information about the place. If you live in a big city, then we'll probably just visit the city. If you live in a small village in a small country, then maybe we'll visit the entire country. Who knows!

If we choose to visit your city/state/country, we'll let you know. You won't be able to play that month, but you'll get 5 points for volunteering to be a host!

If you think this sounds interesting, go ahead and PM me. :happy:

After successfully determining their last location to be the Casablanca, a city in a country called Morocco, Raena discovered that she could create a gateway back to the White Tower with the use of an angreal. Such a simple solution that she should have thought of it much earlier, but she was too preoccupied with not getting hit by those moving things called cars to be able to properly use her brain.

She had rounded up the aspirants and the other Aes Sedai and brought them back to the White Tower, where she had dropped them off at the Traveling Grounds and immediately made a gateway back to the strange world before anyone could follow her. Some would doubtlessly think that she had done it to escape the wrath of the Amyrlin, who was probably upset that Raena had gotten lost with the Tower’s aspirants; that was not the case, however. Definitely not.

She found herself on the shore of a rather big lake. She could see several islands in the lake, and on the eastern shore there was a mountain. Not a big mountain compared to Dragonmount, but a mountain nontheless. Not finding the lake very interesting, she made a gateway to a location not too far away. This time she found something exciting: ruins! There were also several signs, warning of danger, from the looks of it. No sign was enough to scare Raena, however, and she set out to investigate the ruins and the surroundings.

Archived