DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finding Family (attn: Lyv)

Matalina

Sasha had come along way from Tarabon. The road had been hard and dusty and her horse had passed away nearly half way there. The man claimed the horse was old but sturdy but he'd lied and Sasha had lost a fair amount of coin on that steed. But life was such and Sasha carried on walking until she found another town that would sell her a horse. The mare was young, she'd looked hard for a young mare that would be sold. Sasha had walked for days before finding on. She guessed it was the price you paid for being picky.

But the city of Tar Valon was now in sight and Sasha was happy that she'd finally get to see Lyv again after such a long time. The city itself was a glorious sight, it really did shine in the distance. Sasha stopped to take it in in all it's glory. But the day was growing late, and she wanted to find an inn and Lyv before the fall of darkness. Finding Lyv shouldn't be hard, but an inn might prove to be difficult.

The streets of Tar Valon were still busy and the marketeers were selling their goods at the top of their lungs. It was good to be back in the hustle and bustle of a large city. It had been too long for Sasha.

She found an inn but couldn't make out the name on the sign, but it was with in walking distance of the White Tower. Sasha took her room and cleaned the dust off her face and hands and changed her dress. Sasha tossed her head full of blonde braids and beads to get most of the dust out and returned a clean veil to it's proper location. It was time to set out to find Lyv.

Sasha wandered around the outside of the White Tower until she found men and woman fighting each other on packed ground. She smiled, her new home, hopefully. But that wasn't for today, today she needed to find Lyv.

She took a short man to the side and asked for Lyv Tylin. He shrugged his shoulders and went on his way. This looked to be harder than it should have been.

Sasha Daleb

Cousin

Lyv had not received mail from her family since coming to the Yards, for when she did return to her family all that could go wrong, did so and horribly wrong it did. Not a day went by that Lyv did not think about her family, especially her twin sister Katie who had taken her own life all those years ago. That was over 5 years ago to this day and Lyv still had not forgotten the guilt she felt, now her cousin had written her with word that she wanted to come and visit Tar Valon. Lyv had no idea when she was due to show up, the letter was sent through various couriers and finally had reached her hands. The young woman had grown up, it showed from the letter. Sasha used to be just a baby when Lyv was a child, playing with her friends. She used to babysit the girl from time to time and as Lyv and Sasha both grew up, they had become friends.

Aran pushed his head in her door and called her name out, “Lyv, someone’s looking for ya!†Lyv looked up and wanted to ask whom it was, but he had already gone off. She hoped it was not the Master at Arms, no matter how close they were during their training in the Path of Water, as MAA he could bring her to tears if he liked. Maybe the Commander, or Captain Taj needed her to show up? She hoped it might be Ginae as she had really come to like the woman, but ‘somebody’ usually meant bad news. So Lyv rose from the seat she had taken, crumpled the start of yet another letter to send home, one that would never have been sent had she finished it anyway, and headed outside to see what was up.

“Lyv!†she heard a vaguely familiar voice call out, Lyv turned around and stared a lovely young woman with blonde hair in elaborate braids with bells at the end. Her face had not changed a bit, only grown older and more mature since they had last laid eyes on each other. “Sasha!†she called and ran over there, to hug her cousin. “How have you been?†she asked and noticed the young woman staring almost horrified at her, “Your hair? They made you cut it?†and touched the soft strands of once braided red hair. “Oh that,†Lyv said smiling, “No, actually I did that myself when I was away on a long trip, I have not used the bells since I was a trainee and the braids, well, I could use short hair to go with the pants and shirts,†and ruffled her cousin’s hair and checked her all over to see how much she had changed. Lyv then took her to the mess hall, where they found a table end for themselves, people looked up to see the stranger Lyv had brought a long but she paid them no mind. “So, tell me, how was your trip?†and smiled as she pored them both a cup of spiced wine.

Lyv Tylin

Cousin to Sasha Daleb

Sasha was in awe that even before she would become a trainee she would get to see the inside workings of the training yards. Meal time had it's place too. Sasha tried to ignore the stares of a stranger among them but she was staring opening back at all the different sights.

They sat down for some tea which Sasha was very greatful for. She didn't realize how parched she was until that moment. She took several small sips before answering her cousin's question about her trip. Sasha told Lyv the horrid story of her horse dying and the trek across the land, with one last addition. "I guess it's worth it to be here and learn as you have."

Sasha realized her plunder and hoped that Lyv had not caught it. It wasn't time for this discussion. It wasn't time yet, she wanted to learn more.

Sasha

Learn as she had? Lyv arched an eyebrow and smiled at her cousin, “Life in the Yards is hard at best, it is a good training and I learned a lot but it is also a life far away from home,†she watched as Sasha nodded and was glad that this was enough persuasion for the young woman. Their conversation reminded Lyv a little bit too much of her sister Katie, who had asked to come and live in Tar Valon. Lyv had blatantly refused to help her then and had nearly ordered her sister to stay in Tanchico and make a good life for herself. She would not make that same mistake again, with her cousin but she knew that it would be hard for Sasha to live here.

“So, how is the family doing? Have you brought word from my parents?†Lyv was unsure she even wanted to know, but awaited the answer with a cautious smile.

Lyv

Sasha smiled she hadn't spoken to Lyv's parents in a while, mostly because she'd left with only word to her own folks. The Tylin family probably wouldn't have understood anyway, having lost both their daughters recently. But Lyv was alive and well and maybe they would see that one day. They had pride to show even if they disagreed.

"They were doing well, last I saw them, they were coping well. My mother has spent alot of time with yours, trying to draw her back into the formal life and to enjoy the gossip that wanders the Tanchico nobles." Sasha smiled. "But many of them don't understand her feeling of loss for both of her daughters, it's been a difficult time, but they are both getting better."

Sasha

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: So sorry hun, I’ll try to be here more from now on again. :)

The loss of both their daughters, so that was how the family saw her training and work in Tar Valon. She was lost to her family, this did not really come as any surprise to Lyv who knew that her family had a great sense of pride. It was a false pride, but it was still there even if it would kill them in the end. Lyv hung her head for a few moments and thought about her family, her sister and how much she wished things could have been different.

Then she straightened herself and smiled at Sasha, “Tell them I am doing good, that I am happy they are in sound health and that if they wish, I will contact them,†this was enough for now. However, Sasha looked slightly surprised at the message Lyv asked her to pass on. “What is it? You can’t deliver a message to my parents? I can write a short note for you to carry, when you go back?†Lyv thought that Sasha might want to stay for a few days, she was in no rush with this message and thought about a good inn for her cousin to stay in and be safe during her stay.

Lyv

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Very sorry I've been slow been a busy few weeks.

Sasha wasn't sure how to tell Lyv that she wasn't going home. She thought long and hard on the way here on what to say, but now that it was time to say it, the information fled her mind. She only hoped that her cousin would take the information as easily as had her parents and not like Lyv's own.

"I can take the message to a courrier, but I'm not going back home. I'm going to stay here in Tar Valon." After a long pause Sasha continued, praying to the Creator that this would go okay. "I want to be a Tower Guard." A small pause. "Like you."

Sasha watched her cousin assimilate the information and watched the expression change. Under the table Sasha's fingers were crossed and she muttered a pray.

Sasha

• 2 months later...

Train, here in the yards with Lyv? The tower guard sat back in her chair and tapped her fingers on the table for a while, staring into Sasha’s eyes. She could not allow her cousin to sign up for training, she would never make it! But then something struck Lyv, how much this cousin resembled her and how determined she had been herself when she left home to find a new, more meaningful life. Who was she to decide that this was Sasha’s chance or not. Lyv looked into the eyes of her cousin and said, “I’m not sure that I’m not going to regret this, but I will take you to the Mistress of Trainees so you can enroll.” A pause and then she added, “And then I can also ask her to make me your mentor, I want to be the one to train you as I want to keep my eye on you,” she said with a light smile. This was going to be something alright. She looked up at her cousin and found Sasha’s eyes sparkling with glee. “After all, someone gave me a chance when I appeared in the Yards, trying to find my way in life,” and Lyv rose and gestured for Sasha to follow, “Let’s get you settled in,” and headed for the door.

Lyv Tylin

Sasha followed Lyv to the Mistress of Trainees. A stern woman but probably needed to be with all the youngsters looking for training, she guessed it was alot like being a mother.

And to her word Lyv was assigned to be Sasha's mentor. Sasha wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing, but she only hoped that it would work out no matter which way it was. Sasha smiled and shook her head at the cramped quarters she'd be sharing with four other individuals. And she was quite taken back that she might have boys for roommates, but Lyv didn't seem to mind so should she? This would be alot of getting use to.

Sasha tossed her bag on the bed. "So now what my dear cousin and mentor?"

Sasha