DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What talent do you possess?

SylviaDoreen

What talent do you possess in real life?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your real life talent?

• I can rub my tummy and pat my tummy! At the same time!
    • I can find four clovers in seconds.
    • I can do amazing mathematics in my head.
    • I can do art really well.
    • I can do music really well, or play multiple instruments.
    • I can dowse for water.
    • I can spot birds and tell them at a glance.
    • I have an awesome green thumb
    • I can charm a man quite easily.
    • I can charm a woman quite easily.
    • I have absolutely no talent other than being a gimp. (itself, a talent)
    • ***Add any you think you might have!!!--miscellaneous talent***

i guess i have been blessed by a family that would not assist me and friends who would. that gave me the time, and distance, i needed to be a hermit, and to slowly put things together. the internet helped me socialize a bit better as well. but i was non-functional until my mid thirties at least.

this is kind of an interesting place to lurk http://www.wrongplanet.net/

Thanks for the site, interesting.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally incapable of functioning in real life without assistance. Ask my mom and my best friend. I can't get a job because no one will hire me; I can't do an interview to save my life. And I'd rather kill myself than go back to foodservice. I have spent seven years trying to get a bachelor's degree and have still not managed it, and it's not because I'm stupid or lazy.

I can't do interviews either, I'm hopeless at them. Thank the Light, I don't have to these days! I really think they are the worst way to hire someone. But what else is there? One possibility: I got my last job by a fairly informal interview because it was a casual post intended to last 8 weeks to start with. I was still with the company as a permanent employee 13 years later.

And I missed my chance at a First on my B.Sc. because I wasn't able to do the interview.. ended up with an upper second.

As for not being stupid or lazy.. The racing driver and triple world champion Sir Jackie Stewart thought for a good many years that he was stupid.. until he was diagnosed, at the advanced age of 41, with dyslexia! Just shows how wrong people can be, doesn't it!

Talking of maths.. I can integrate e^x.

lol

Yeah, I chose Maths as my talent. I never really noticed it before, I just always liked it, but at my new job they give me weird looks sometimes *laughs* for what I can remember or do.

Archived