DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rumors and Spoilers

Emperor

No more Cuddy on House...

UPDATE: Lisa Edelstein just released the following statement: "After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead."

PREVIOUS: There will be Huddy no more on House -- co-star Lisa Edelstein will not return to the veteran Fox medical drama next season. Edelstein was one of three main cast members of House, along with Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps, whose original contracts expired at the end of this season. Leonard and Epps re-upped earlier this month, when Edelstein's deal also looked on track to make. But word is that she ultimately decided not to return to the series for the next eighth (and likely final) season, putting an abrupt end to the on-again-off-again romance between her character Dr. Cuddy and Hugh Laurie's Dr. House -- aka Huddy. Along with Epps, Edelstein had been asked to take a cut from her most recent salary of $175,000 an episode, but the offer was still pretty good, so she is walking away from more than $2 million. Her departure will leave Olivia Wilde as the only regular female cast member, but with Wilde's hot movie career, she is rarely on full-time.

• 3 weeks later...

NBC’s sister channel Syfy is contemplating a miniseries that would continue the story launched by “The Event,” according to Entertainment Weekly.

The alien-invasion series, starring Jason Ritter, Laura Innes and Blair Underwood, was cancelled by NBC last month.

It launched exceedingly well with a 3.6 in adults 18-49 last fall but eventually fell to a 1.1 before bouncing back to a 1.6 for its season finale.

:mellow: i can't believe Cuddy isn't going to come back ... i mena, shes part of the reason House is such an intersting character ... without Cuddy, who's House going to have to Rebell against. i mean, for Wilson to all of a sudden grow a set and be sternly agaisnt House and not give in wont fit with the way his character has developed.

i wonder how they'll explain her disaperance in the show.

Explaining her disappearance will be easy. He just crashed a car through her front room. It seems they can no longer work together and she is the adult and will move on.

Cuddy did a piss poor job controlling House this last season...well ever since they broke up. She no longer has that control over him. We will see someone like the psychologist come in.. someone who gets House and just doesn't put up with his BS. Then House will respect him/her.

When the once-mighty “CSI,” which is headed to Wednesdays after routinely finding itself in fourth place in its old Thursday timeslot, returns this fall, it will return without the great Laurence Fishburne, according to Deadline Hollywood.

Fishburne, who became the series’ lead two and a half years ago, is now headed to Soderbergh’s “Contagion.”

No word on who will pick over clothing fibers in his absence, but I think they should try to get Will Ferrell for a few episodes.

the psychitrist would be a good addition (from 2 seasons ago) the timing for the season wont interfer with his previous engagment of "Men of a Certain Age" either which is an added bonus; and i don't think that actor is doing much else.

with Cuddy this past season; i do think that the crashing the car into her house could have been a good turning point for her character and allowed her to grow back the set she used to and put that leash back on house concerning the hospital. at the same time, i get what your saying abot it being easy, seeing as the episode started off with her getting a restraining order agaisnt him and all. the part with Wilson in the begining of the season fanale, doesn't give me much hope for him stepping in as an antagonist agaisnt houses character either.

if this is the last season, i feel like (with how they've progressed his character this past season) it will end with him killing himself tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Aaron Sorken and Joss Wheden would be the only two people allowed to make shows....

Writer-producer Aaron Sorkin, who already has a series pilot about a cable news network titled “More As This Story Develops” shooting for HBO, is already developing a second series for the channel, according to Deadline Hollywood.

The new project is a miniseries based on the book “Life At The Marmont” by Raymond R. Sarlot and Fred Basten. The Marmont is the infamous Sunset Strip hotel where the corpse of John Belushi was discovered in 1982. Countless movie stars (and Hunter S. Thompson) have lodged there since the 1930s, among them Greta Garbo, Errol Flynn, Judy Garland and Lindsay Lohan.

“The Office” star John Krasinski will produce and is expected to star in the project, which he sees as an eight-hour affair.

Sorkin’s writing credits include “A Few Good Men,” “The American President,” “Sports Night,” “The West Wing,” “Studio 60,” “Charlie Wilson’s War,” “The Social Network” and “Moneyball.”

• 2 weeks later...

1) A&E’s “Breakout Kings,” starring Laz Alonso and Domenick Lombardozzi, has been renewed for a return in early 2012.

2) TNT’s “Falling Skies,” starring Noah Wyle and Moon Bloodgood, has been renewed for a return next summer.

3) Fox sitcom “Breaking In,” starring Christian Slater and ignored in the press release about the channel’s 2011-12 plans, just saw Fox pick up actor options. So it might reappear at midseason. Might.

• 1 month later...

Eureka has been cancelled. Very disappointing.

Syfy has reconsidered and cancelled plans to renew its hit show "Eureka" for a six-episode sixth season.

This means this year's Christmas special along with the already shot twelve-episode fifth season to air next year will be the final episodes of the show which has six more episodes of the fourth season still to air.

In an official statement to EW, the network said “After painstaking consideration, we have had to make the difficult business decision to not order a season six of Eureka. But Eureka is not over yet. There is a new holiday episode this December and 12 stellar episodes set to debut next year, marking its fifth season and six memorable years on Syfy. The 2012 episodes are some of the best we’ve seen, and will bring this great series to a satisfying end."

"Eureka" was the highest rated show on the network for several years until it was supplanted by "Warehouse 13", however it remains one of the biggest original series hits for the cable channel.

As has Desperate Housewives. Not disappointing at all.

Meanwhile Variety says that ABC Entertainment Group has confirmed that the upcoming eighth season of "Desperate Housewives" will be its last.

The decision was made by the network and creator/showrunner Marc Cherry to "go out on a high" as it were.

Archived