DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So... JordanCon?!

jemron

My full report on the drive with Brandon is here. Now to work on putting it all in the database...

Hmm, when Maria says Lan was made a Blademaster before he turned 20, does she start counting when he was born or (like Boderlanders) on the day he received his sword (I mean, started training, because Lan specifically did get his sword in his crib)? Even then, it would be before NS, but still...

You must be in a mood today.

For splitting hairs, do you mean? Perhaps I am, but I'm in a good mood besides, so I'm not going to bite anyone if they counter me or anything :wink:

I thought of something else:

(a) I wish Brandon would've said more than 'mmmhmm' regarding Ishamael's visiting Rand in TGH. There's something funky about those 'dreams', and I'd love to know more.

(b) I don't know if it's possible (or fair, or legitimate, or whatever) so I'll trust in you to decide, but it sure would be great if you could make the last few seconds of the recording available. To hear his tone while saying he doesn't know why Taim shaved would be pure gold. Just reading it doesn't cut it - I can't tell if he's being evasive, or if he's late to his flight, or what's really on his mind when he says that.

I apparently can't edit the audio file - I wonder if Peter rigged it - but I actually cut a bit out where he's asking me what the person is fishing for. He thought the question was odd (like he said - random). I said they were apparently fishing for a continuity error, but later I realized it probably had something to do with Mazridin. I don't think it occurred to either Brandon or Maria.

I apparently can't edit the audio file - I wonder if Peter rigged it - but I actually cut a bit out where he's asking me what the person is fishing for. He thought the question was odd (like he said - random). I said they were apparently fishing for a continuity error, but later I realized it probably had something to do with Mazridin. I don't think it occurred to either Brandon or Maria.

yes, I was fishing for a proof that Taim is an impostor. It's clear from the answers that none of this was in the notes. I still think it's a hint that Taim is an impostor, just that neither Brandon nor Maria knew of that particular plot trick as it was not in the notes.

Hmm, when Maria says Lan was made a Blademaster before he turned 20, does she start counting when he was born or (like Boderlanders) on the day he received his sword (I mean, started training, because Lan specifically did get his sword in his crib)? Even then, it would be before NS, but still...

According to the Timeline, Lan was 25-26 as of the events of NS. So it is either <20 years from date of birth, or his training began before the age of 6. The latter would not be all that surprising, but it seems like needless complication.

Archived