• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

I started a mosaic-topped end table that I was going to give a friend for a housewarming gift when she got her first apartment by herself, but never finished it (11 years later, it's still sitting in my living room with about 15% of the top done).... A baby afghan that's almost done but I just need to buy one more skein of yarn for the edging... a full sized crocheted afghan that is still less than halfway done (after about 5 years)... a short play that got one scene completed... a novel I started 2 years ago that got into the second chapter... I had a photography essay that I really wanted to work on about 8 years ago that I never actually started serious work on because I took a photography class at the local community college while I was working full time, and my projects for that class turned out so badly I figured I'd never do justice to my creative vision...

I did get a faux-finish paint job done on one of my bathroom walls (the only one that was large enough to worry with, so that is technically complete). And once in a while I write a song or a poem that gets completed, because I rarely leave those unfinished.

As you may have gathered, I'm a really excellent procrastinator.

Procrastination ftw! I have a project I can't finish because my ex has been holding my paint for ransom for a couple years now. I just haven't had it in me to buy another set.

The majority of my actual artwork was done due to classes. I started out as a studio art major, but didn't want to do it for a living. Basically, I didn't want to be a teacher. So I moved onto Liberal Arts heavy in science. I planned on going back to school for bio genetics - will eventually - life got in the way and I wound up going back for a second degree as a paralegal. Not bad, but didn't have much time for art.