• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

I don't know, I have very little experience with chat rooms.... The closest I've gotten to that is IM services that have a group feature, like Windows Live or Facebook Chat. XD

And poop, it looks like my iPod is done for. Just when I need it most AND I can't afford to fix it or replace it. Sometimes I want to put a hole in my head.

It's not just a toy, though. =/ I mean, sure, I like being able to play Scrabble wherever I go, or Solitaire, and sometimes I put the music on as background noise......

But I can't work out without some sort of music playing, so now my elliptical at home is virtually useless to me. I just can't make myself stay on that thing for long without going crazy from the squeaks and the washer/dryer noises, and the sheer repetitiveness of it. I might be able to do okay at the gym, but now what do I do when I walk to and from work and I don't have anything important to think about, or anything I do think about will just stress me out?

Knitting is also something of a problem, now. In most cases I can just open my laptop and listen to my iTunes library or an audiobook there, but what about when I'm traveling? =/ I like knitting, but again, I need a distraction. I can't just knit for the sake of knitting.

Not to mention I'm not sure I even have access to the audiobooks I paid for anymore (at least $75 worth of books). I had to close my Audible account due to being broke, and they still have my purchases saved in the event of my ever reopening my account, but I can't get to them until I do, as far as I know. I tried to put them back in my new iTunes library by opening them from the backup-and-transfer I did, but I have to login to my Audible account to do that, and I'm sure you can see where that might be a problem. =/

And that's the biggest issue. Not even 2 months ago my laptop broke and I had to replace THAT (and my iPod has things on it that I don't have anywhere else, anymore, with the death of my old laptop). About a year and a half ago my LAST iPod broke (the hard drive got physically damaged in a fall), and I had to replace THAT. This one hasn't even had anything done to it like that, and now it's broken? I'm sick of having to rely on technology, and being let down by it, in such a short period of time.

It's the principle of the thing.

Thanks... I'm mostly just struggling with the idea of just cutting my losses and totally rearranging my lifestyle. It's not like I need the thing to function, there's just certain activities that I have a very hard time engaging in without music/some sort of listening/something intellectually stimulating, and my iPod provided all that for me in one little, portable package. It was almost my entire entertainment system. Music, movies, books, pictures, videos, games.... Everywhere I went. It became central to these activities that I've chosen to make an important part of my life.

Blah. I'm done ranting. I just don't like the now-necessary rearranging of my schedule and activities that I'm facing.

*sighs*

On to a cheerier subject.... Erm...how's your weather treating you?

I love the snow....though, I haven't ever gotten my driver's license, and I've never driven in it, or on ice, so the worst I've ever experienced with winter is slipping on the ice and falling on my butt, and, once, breaking my retainer, which was in my backpack at the time. XD

I even love ice storms, but only because I've never lost power because of them, miraculously, and they're fun to take pictures of afterward. The trees are LOVELY after an ice storm.

Yuck!! Cold is AWFUL!!

I grew up in Victoria (southern Aus), I just couldn't stand the cold! I don't know how you guys do it, it gets a lot colder in the US than it does here. So nearly 3 years ago I packed up and moved north to the tropics where it's delightfully, blissfully hot! I miss my family like crazy but I couldn't go back, far too miserable for me. Particularly since I work outside.

I'd love to go to America one day to work but the thought of your winter... *shudders* I don't know if I'm brave enough :unsure:

And it's funny because there are a bunch of different climates within the US, so some places are worse than others. A lot of people from places like Utah and Idaho think that Iowa winters and summers are more extreme than theirs, so I'm gonna say the Midwest has some of the widest variety of temperatures. XD

I dunno, I've never been to any of those places. Well, I've been in Kentucky, but only for about an hour, and it was in September, on the way to and from Dragon*Con. :laugh:

Google probably knows. >.>

@Cindy, yeah, it'll probably be about as bad as the summer was, which was monstrous.