• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Elaborate on what was said that made you feel good or whatever Meesh?

Well....I guess it was situational. It's a friend of mine, one of my exes, incidentally. We just started talking again in the last month or so; before that, it had been over a year since we'd spoken or had contact of any kind. Anyway, so it was surprisingly easy to kind of just...get back into the friendship.

But I guess in the last week or two, SOMEthing's been going on with him, not sure what, because he doesn't want to talk about it... But I've just noticed he's been keeping to himself a lot more. Not really as interested in talking to me, etc. I wasn't too bothered; I'm 99.9% sure it's nothing personal. XD And he has been talking a LITTLE bit, about the book he's writing, since I agreed to help him out.... But yeah, I just got the feeling that talking to me was stressful, for whatever reason.

So I just mentioned I'm sick, just to let him know I wasn't ignoring the latest bit of his story he sent me, just not up to responding atm...and he was just really really nice. Told me he's really sorry to hear it, hopes I get better (the usual XD), he's praying for me (a little unusual, but who knows how much has changed in the last over-a-year), and that if I need him, I can feel free to poke him and he'll get back to me asap...and that he wishes he could do more. XD

And like...it wasn't just the things he said, but just the way he said it. It kind of surprised me, I guess. I was really expecting a "sorry to hear that" and that's it. XD

I figure...either he's genuinely as concerned as he says he is, or he's mastered the art of good social skills. >.>

exes are exes for a reason. if they made sense they wouldn't be exes

Ah, see, this is interesting. I agree with the first bit, but actually, not so much the second. My last ex, who I'm still good friends with, is a perfect example of why I don't agree. It was an amiable break-up, not because either of us was sick of what was going on or thought we couldn't make it work, but I made a lifestyle change and his beliefs and whatnot just don't fit in there as a significant other. Still one of my best friends, though.

Edited by mmeeshal

Guys are just really interesting to me. XD Mostly because there are some things...I don't really get. Although I've been fortunate, I guess, to know a lot of guys who are...more accessible...to the female gender than the "average" guy... XD

This new guy I met is really nice and easy to talk to...

Oooooooh, that's good!!! Sometimes people are just meant to be part of your life. I've definitely seen this in my own life. I'm learning that it's not always easy, though. XD Can't ever take good things for granted. :laugh:

Super-happy for you. :biggrin: