DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

By The Light!

Areopagitican

My name is Max and I attend the University of San Diego. I finished my first semester, it was a smashing success, and now that I'm on Winter Break I'm looking for something to do. I forget how much time I have outside social niceties and ignoring my ex and so I thought to myself... "Huh, why not see what this new Wheel of Time nonsense is about" that my sister had been reading. I was into the series, somewhat casually, about five years back and being the obsessive son of a bitch I am I cruised through the first four or five. Since then I've stayed somewhat up to date on the series and enjoyed what I've read yet I haven't picked up one of the books in a long, long time.

Now, how did I discover this fantastic place? Around the same time I was reading the first books in the series I also got into this political discussion/RP forum with a 'create-your-own-nation' side feature. I utilized it by creating my own little nation called 'Fal Dara in Shienar' because that was where I was in the book. The other day someone on that site congratulated me on my literary taste and after some discussion encouraged me to join this site. Coincidentally, tying back to this last Christmas, I started reading the books again after my sister/me received the latest three as a Christmas present. The Wheel weaves as The Wheel weaves!

I'm blown away by how exciting the books are. Maybe it's because I'm tired of reading the so-called 'literary significant' novels and tedious textbooks. Maybe it's because I always loved the books but the spacing made it hard for the excitement to build up like it does over a continuous reading of three in the series. Hell, I don't know and I don't care; I've fallen in love with the books and am devastated that Robert Jordan died (I, literally, just found out).

My favorite character is Mat, but by far my favorite organization is the Children of the Light. Not a very popular choice, I understand, but I'm a big fan of them. Now if only the Band and the Order could get together to lay down some serious heat.

I'm Lessa and welcome to DM!!!

I'm from the Warders Guild in the White Tower and you should really check it out. I've made alot of good friends over there and it doesn't matter who you are. Don't forget you can also be part of more than one org So come stop by the White Tower and the Warders Guild because they will be happy to meet you :biggrin:

Archived