DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

i hope someone can explain to me

th3m3ss3ng3r

What do you mean? The Age of Legends was the Second Age of this turning. And "Last Battle" is just a name; there have been battles before and will be battles again.

does that mean there is a lst battle at the end of every age or at the end of every seventh age ? its been years since i read the first books and im just trying to brush up on my understanding of it all. i was thinking that the last battle before this one is when the world broke and the cycle started again and i thought that happened after the age of legends destroying most of the technology etc. and thats y i was asking how come it is happening again before they have had time to get back where they once were

What do you mean? The Age of Legends was the Second Age of this turning. And "Last Battle" is just a name; there have been battles before and will be battles again.

does that mean there is a lst battle at the end of every age or at the end of every seventh age ? its been years since i read the first books and im just trying to brush up on my understanding of it all. i was thinking that the last battle before this one is when the world broke and the cycle started again and i thought that happened after the age of legends destroying most of the technology etc. and thats y i was asking how come it is happening again before they have had time to get back where they once were

The status of the civilization level is not truly important. It apparently required a certain level of advancement in technology to drill the Bore near the end of the AoL, but we really don't know how long the AoL lasted. With no reference to the last time a patch was made we really don't have anything to tie it to a specific elapsed time either. The 2 schools of thought that I can see are based on the will of either the DO or the Pattern. From the Pattern PoV, if the conditions are met then the Dragon is reborn and thus begins the march to the TG of that Age. From the DO PoV, he has spent 3000 bound behind a barrier, he has struggled against that barrier for eons and managing to reach through it on a few occasions (ie: Ishy) but now he has finally managed to weaken it, so why would he want to wait longer and allow these "children" to grow up into the abilities that allowed them to bind him last time.

edit: to clarify sentence

We don't know very much about any Ages except the second and third. Perhaps it's called the "Last Battle" because it's expected to be the end of the War of Power that began after the Bore was opened to Shai'tan back in the Second Age. The Breaking of the World, caused by the insane male Aes Sedai, happened after Lews Therin Telamon sealed the Bore and was not called the last battle.

We don't know very much about any Ages except the second and third. Perhaps it's called the "Last Battle" because it's expected to be the end of the War of Power that began after the Bore was opened to Shai'tan back in the Second Age. The Breaking of the World, caused by the insane male Aes Sedai, happened after Lews Therin Telamon sealed the Bore and was not called the last battle.

thank you both very much

Archived