DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Talents Announcement!

Covai Seriba

Thats right folks. We staff have been having a good long look at things around the BT, and we've decided its time for some spring cleaning, so to speak. This is the first of announcemnts to be made, and can be taken as new law....as can anything else I say :twisted:

With influx of new members, and the dissapearance of some old members, The Black Tower has both grown and changed in appearance, both IC and OOC wise. To help acknowledge this, and as to provide opportunities to new and upcoming members, we are wiping the talents list of the inactive members that have been holding onto talent slots. There is nothing personal against those who were holding the talents, but such a prolonged act of inactivity is simply unfair on current members.

http://www.blacktowerdiv.com/talents.php The talent requirements, as well as list of talent's occupied can be found here. This page also describes some requirements for Talent application/expressions of interest, and the level of activity required to KEEP a Talent once you have been given one.

To summarise, the current Talent holders are...

Dreamwalking - Covai

Healing (Age of Legends)- Dali

Healing, Major - Andar

Shielding - Dashiva, Isha

The website lists available slots.

Changes HAVE been made to the website. Please visit the above site plus:

http://www.blacktowerdiv.com/starting.php

For more information.

To be honest, many slots had been held onto thanks to past glories, and people sticking their hand up every few months to say 'yeah, i'm still here." To help rectify this problem, and try and ensure it doesn't happen again, we are laying down some more solid guidelines concerning the applications and usages of talents.

We're opening up applications for talents for Dedicated and beyond. Main criteria for applications are:

a) Activity IC and OOC

b) Explanation of why you feel you should receive the talent.

c) What benefits the talent could bring your character and their RPs in general.

d) Sample ideas/Rps for the manifestation of their talent. (This can show us you've seriously thought it out).

e) Ongoing RPs for the use of the Talent in the future. If you want to score points here I suggest you come up with inter-div possibilities also ;)

Basically, we won't be handing out talents simply because they're 'cool' or you think it'll make your character more powerful. So before you apply for a talent, think about which talents would 'fit' with your character.

For example, if you have high strength in earth, the Earthsinging talent might fit, whereas high strenghts in air and water would fit in better with the Cloud Dancing Talent.

Applications for talents will now be accepted from DEDICATED. This is different to the past system where you had to wait until Asha'man rank. HOWEVER, your Talent will most likely not manifest (ie. you won't be able to USE it) until late Dedicated/Asha'man rank is achieved subject to the whimsy of the staff.

RPing the manifestation of talents is highly recommended. Chances are that unless you have some mind-blowing RP concepts up your sleeve you won't even be approved for a Talent unless you have given some thought to how the Talents will manifest. When these RPs commence depends on the talent and the characters relative rank, strength and such. This means you will likely not be able to just suddenly RP your new talent like a master at the snap of your fingers.

If you're not fully sure of yourself, or need to bounce some ideas off someone, feel free to contact myself or another memeber of staff. If you have msn, catch me on shinji_misato@hotmail.com

So once you've picked a talent, and written your application, email it to me at Covai_Seriba@dragonmount.com and I'll get back to you the the verdict. :twisted:

Cheers (and thankyou to Covai for putting this together).

(Edited/Added to by Dali a couple of times until he got it down pat.)