DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred > Masema

Lyken

Just a theory i have, Im sorry if it has already come up or i missed a bit from the books, etc... but is Masema Demandred? these are three of my reasons.

1)He is creating chaos under the name of the dragon reborn. This is exactly what the black ajah (and their masters) wanted taim to do but Rand hired him instead.

2)We have seen from Semihage and Mesaana the the forsaken have no trouble hiding from eye by inverting weaves and the mirror of mists, etc.

3)He seems pretty anxious to reach Rand. Demandred would definetly love to be close to Rand im sure.

As ive said if ive missed something in the books im sorry and if you could just inform me what ive missed =)

Beyond RJ's assurance, which is the cold hard rock solid proof, I don't think Demandred could pull off Masema just by virtue of the fanatical light described in Masema's eyes (and in many of his followers') and his obvious insanity. It doesn't sound to me like something that can be faked.

That makes perfect sense...especially given Demandred would only have had to help along the burgeoning worship Masema was already beginning to develop for Rand before they separated and the fact that there's no reason for such worship to directly turn into the equivalent of a Questioner's view on the way life should be and how to make it so.

I don't remember where the quote is, might have been the CNN chat a few years ago. Anyhoo, what RJ said is that we haven't seen Demandred's alter ego onstage pre-COT.

Which does not mean that Demandred actually has one.

Unless Demandred is very insane, I don't think one could say Masema is Demandred, even if one didn't have RJs assurances to the contrary. (We haven't seen who Demandred is posing as).

My argument against this is what we keep getting through Perrin's POV. The smells Masema give off are such rapid changes of emotions. Perrin pretty much says Masema has to be insane. I don't think the illusion capabilities of the One Power take into account a Wolfbrother's olfactory sense when used to hide the user.

masema was all fanatical after the shenanigans at the beginning of the dragon reborn. all it would of taken is for demandred (or whoever) to snatch him up and Compulse him into believing that Rand is the creator made flesh. he's got the basis for fanatical belief, with a little extra OP push - tada - full raving loony!

I dont think that masema is a forsaken in disguise, but the idea brings me to another. Of all the character development in the WoT series why did masema change so quickly, when compared to others. He went from quiet and brooding to crazy preaching in one book. Granted he did see the Dragon Reborn fighting in the sky and all, but so did the other Borderlanders.

I think he would have been a more interesting "bad guy" if we could have seen the progression of the crazy with him.

just thoughts, nice original idea. Keep posting.

Archived