DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ToM Signing Tour Reports

Luckers

I also asked about how asmodean was killed now that we know graendal was «*responsible*» for his death. Brandon said that when he arrived at Harriet's and asked to see the ending and got the pile of robert jordan's notes including the ending, on top of that pile was a message from a fan in the form of a dialogue between a sherlock holmes character and a watson character with a note from RJ saying «*this is right*». Emily asked if it was from Matt Hatch and brandon didn't think it was. He said that he can probably give send me that message so we know exactly what RJ said «*this is right*» to.

This is apparently all of the information that is available from RJ himself about the actual method of asmodean's murder. In Brandon's vision of the story, he imagines Graendal killed asmodean (did the deed herself) with balefire, but apparently this is not in the notes. So its possible that it could have been done by another kind of weave and we are free to speculate on that.

Very nicely done. Thanks for the report. Those interested in the Sherlock Holmes/Watson parody might find this link an interesting read (I know I did when it first came out lo these many years ago).

Sherlock Holmes Examines the Death of Asmodean

My guess is that this is the one that RJ's note refers to.

Nice catch. Thanks!

All of this is in the interview db now.

This answers a lot of questions. I was totally confused as to why it was Graedal and not Lanfear, but the self-defense solution with balefire makes perfect sense. Also Lanfear wasting a wish on killing him seems trivial now. Great work.

Also, if it hasn't been done already, maybe move the link over to the Asmodean thread?

That board is not open for TOM spoilers yet.

Not the General board, I'm talking about in the ToM spoilers board, the Asmo thread that Luckers started.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AGH how did I miss this thread :). You're welcome to everyone who said thanks. To the person who asked questions in line, did I meet you? Did you come to the dinner afterwards?

There are videos from this signing up in the specific thread I made about it in the meets / conventions forum and in the article which is now on the front page of dragonmount (6 vids total).

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/events/paris-signing-report-r74

I edited that post on theoryland and the one here quite a bit since it was retranscribed here also (adding things, inserting pictures/videos), etc...

I am also sure that must be the holmes/watson dialogue RJ/BWS was referring to. There just probably aren't two like it...

Thanks for the report! Also...

Ask him to confirm that Graendal killed Asmodean and that Lanfear=Cyndane. We have some stubborn holdouts.

I'd go with stupid at this point. Or not smart. Stubborn holdouts doesn't do them justice.

LOL. You should come back to Theoryland. I miss you.

Perhaps one day soon.

• 1 month later...

She called him 'Rand' for the first time after they bonded him, and it was significant for her. She still thinks of him as 'Rand al'Thor' often, but she feels close enough to him to call him just 'Rand' sometimes.

I also asked about how asmodean was killed now that we know graendal was «*responsible*» for his death. Brandon said that when he arrived at Harriet's and asked to see the ending and got the pile of robert jordan's notes including the ending, on top of that pile was a message from a fan in the form of a dialogue between a sherlock holmes character and a watson character with a note from RJ saying «*this is right*». Emily asked if it was from Matt Hatch and brandon didn't think it was. He said that he can probably give send me that message so we know exactly what RJ said «*this is right*» to.

This is apparently all of the information that is available from RJ himself about the actual method of asmodean's murder. In Brandon's vision of the story, he imagines Graendal killed asmodean (did the deed herself) with balefire, but apparently this is not in the notes. So its possible that it could have been done by another kind of weave and we are free to speculate on that.

Very nicely done. Thanks for the report. Those interested in the Sherlock Holmes/Watson parody might find this link an interesting read (I know I did when it first came out lo these many years ago).

Sherlock Holmes Examines the Death of Asmodean

My guess is that this is the one that RJ's note refers to.

Just found the site a little while back... great link! Totally see why it was supposed to be obvious, RJ shows us that the 4 foresaken meet there and that Amso died sinilarly to the guy in Tear, AND why it was so hard to figure out all in one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived