DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which of the living Forsaken is your favorite?

KaptainKaos

Which book's North American Cover is your favourite?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which book's North American Cover is your favourite?

• EotW
    • tGH
    • tDR
    • SR
    • FoH
    • LoC
    • CoS
    • PoD
    • WH
    • CoT
    • KoD
    • New Spring

ok, so ishydin is a badass, i'll gladly admit, but Demandred is where it's at.

he is unravelling reality one balefire stream at a time.

the dead are walking, because of him.

food rots the second it's stored.

people become insect monsters and then die.

all ishamael ever did was screw with rand's dreams after everything was said and done.

According to Verin the dead walking is a function of the Dark Ones escape. Additionally, Demandred has not been using balefire all that much. It's implied that he would, if the Dark One asked, but balefire is thing that exceeds even the Dark Ones power, making me doubt that he'd want it used all that often.

I never thought much of Ishamael, but I LOVE Moridin. All of his actions (from spying on the ta'veren, to helping Rand with Sammael, have been very interesting, and I'm not always sure what his game is. I also love his POVs, and it shows clearly to me that he's quite rational.

Demandred is cool, but ultimately just missing from the story too often.

Semirhage was a front-runner until that pathetic plan to capture Rand. What was she thinking? I really hope she did it on purpose because that was just lame.

Grendael is just a little too hedonistic for my tastes. Fun to have her for a girlfriend for a month or so (if she wasn't evil), but I don't need to read about it over and over.

Lanfear use to be interesting if totally nuts, but Cyndane is just lame.

The rest are generally pretty weak.

Asmodean use to be my favorite. I like the whole "runt of the litter" pathetic-ness he had going for him. It's a shame an alternate universe version of him killed himself. :)

Semirhage was a front-runner until that pathetic plan to capture Rand. What was she thinking? I really hope she did it on purpose because that was just lame.

I've never really found that oplan to have been all that weak. Remember that Semirhage had no way of predicting Cadsuane's ter'angreal... in the Age of Legends breaking an inverted weave in that way was impossible, and if it was impossible then then there is no way untrained children could know it now. Recall Cyndanes shock at encountering such as that in WH, and she had a chance to react.

This is how i see Semirhages plane. Specifically she was using Tuon's persona to lure people in close. She would have pre-woven and inverted several nasty weaves that would have left a person in so much pain they couldn't even think of channeling (in much the same way Elayne did with the shield in KoD). When they got in close enough she lays the weave on, and by the time they recover they've been leashed.

A simple plan, as indeed all of Semirhages are, but it should have been effected. Even if Rand had warning Semirhages pre-planning should have won out. She only had to lay the weaves on to succeed. But when Cadsuane used her ter'angreal to break the illusion weave, she would have broken any weave that Semirhage had prepared. All the Semirhage could really muster after that was a fireball.

ok, but think back to tfoh, when rand wonders about the seals...

"not even balefire affected cuendillar...if nothing short of the creator could harm cuendillar, then that should be that."

this whole balefiring everything theory comes from the theory that the pattern is the dark one's prison. thereby, if demandred is removing the threads from the pattern and thus weakening the DOs prison, verin would be correct in saying that the dead walking was a sign of the DO coming back. ccause and effect, rj never just has something violate the laws of physics and reality without reason.

the dead are walking in the real world because the dark one is closer to being freed because the real world is being erased one thread at a time.

IMO, balefire all over the place.

Archived