DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which of the living Forsaken is your favorite?

KaptainKaos

Which book's North American Cover is your favourite?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which book's North American Cover is your favourite?

• EotW
    • tGH
    • tDR
    • SR
    • FoH
    • LoC
    • CoS
    • PoD
    • WH
    • CoT
    • KoD
    • New Spring

I know the Forsaken are supposed to be unlikable because they are evil but sometimes you can't help but enjoy even the evil characters. Tell which of the Forsaken is your favorite and why. I would have put the full list but the poll will only let you do so many options and it doesn't go up to thirteen.

I like Graendal, and not just because I think she killed Asmodean.

She hasn't really had a big failure yet, which counts in my book, competence is big. I think she is also the only one likely to figure out what the Dark One is really up to, besides Moridin of course ... and I'm not sure how she'll respond then.

I also think her background as Kamarile Maradim Nindar is great. The best bad guys are the ones most honest about it, and her transformation from ascetic mental healer to disgusted hedonist is great. Semirhage and Demandred are close behind, in my opinion.

Its hard for me to like Moridin, because he's insane. Thats fun to read of course, and he has to be to follow the Dark One knowing what he plans, but it makes it less satisfying to me that he'll be defeated. Just like Lews Therin being mad made his defeat less satisfying for Elan Morin Tedronai/Ishamael.

OOOOOoooo. Ummmm... I was never that big a Graendal fan, so not her. Cyndane would be, but since her reseraction she hasn't done anything I'd call cool. Mogehidien used to be sweet too, until her mindtrap. Moridin and Demandred are both crazy awesome dudes, but I don't know enough about what Demandred is doing to vote for him, and Moridin just seems to be in the background. And Semirhage is sweet, but she let herself get caught by Rand. So I'm voting for my favorite, who has to be Aran'gar. She's awesome, she's hot, she's evil, she's minipulative, she's sneaky, she's interesting, she's actually covered... yeah, she's got to be my favorite at this point.

oh, I have a thing for Graendal.. lol

she is jsut so great! the way she transformed in AoL from a prude old hag, to a sensual woman, jsut because she wanted to enjoy life is great.. and she's jsut so evil with her pets and preformers.. lol

and I really like Semirhage too.. I cant wait for the last book to see how her chapters will be like..

Ishamel is easily my favourite. He's the only forsaken who is REALLY formiddable imo. His resume is very impressive lol. I dunno why we keep saying he is insane, i know it says so in the book but I haven't really seen any sign of it. He is always lucid and in control. Sure he called himself Ba'Almazon but that's not the same as saying Shaitan is it? Nothing he has said regarding Rand and the Pattern was untrue and nothing Herid Fel did not confirm later or Min mused on.

I kinda admired Sammael for being so open about his power base too.

I agree with the part about Ishamael/Moridin being the only truly formidable foe especially since he has the power of Cyndane and Moghedian at his disposal. I don't think that Moridin is insane in the sense that he isn't quick witted, calculating, and confident. He is just different because he accepts the consequences of using the True Power fully, gets entertainment out of seeing anyone squirm (even his allies), doesn't mind confusing the crap out of those around him, and acts sometimes as if he actually believes he is the Dark One (even though he doesn't). I think all those things make Moridin even more entertaining and interesting as a character.

But I also am intrigued by Demandred, his character is the classic, why does everyone think Lews Therin is so smart and powerful look at me I'm smarter and more powerful please look at me. Plus Lews Therin said in Rand's head Demandred first, then Sammael and we get the idea of why but it's just interesting that would be mentioned. Demandred also fed two cities to Trollocs just because he felt they had insulted him now that's evil and maybe a little bit girly too. He may be a cry baby girl at heart and a selfish, jealous one at that but I think all the parts that have included him in the book even though they have been few have been really awesome especially his meeting with the Dark One and I hope his eventual encounter with Rand is all it should be (you know with Rand speaking but Lews Therin actually saying it). So it's really a toss up for me I guess because a lot of the ones you guys are mentioning are really interesting in their own way too especially the Age of Legends "psychiatrist" Graendal.

I have to say Demandred is my favorite.

Sure, He's been absent from most of the books, but you can feel his movements behind almost every corner. He does things that are in character with himself, and does the opposite just to confuse the hell out of everybody. He is more in control of his own actions than even Moridin is, and he keeps out of sight of the other Forsaken as well. He's the only one who's truely moving towards being Nae'Blis since by the time everything is over. He'll have put himself in a win-win situation.

Yup... he's got to be the best one.

Lanfear also had some Kudos, but she lost them when Moiraine took her out.

It was a tight toss up for me between Graendal and Semirhage. I like both of them for their control... the others all have emotional issues that cloud their judgement, but those two are calm, considerate and infinitely more dangerous. I chose Graendal in the end because i love her history. And im looking forward to seeing her destroy Aran'gar.

Im a big Asmo fan, but he wasn't a choice, and I loved Lanfear (hey, she's HOT; who cares if she's clingy), but she's lame as Cyndane. In fact, I'm going to go with what Kadere said, almost word for word, and I, too, am going with Halima/'Gar/'Thamel, but, like Luckers, I'm looking for Graendel to take her down in flames. Ooh, burn, baby!

I have to say, Semirhage is cool, but she comes no way near the absolutely awesome Demandred.

True Moridin is all powerful, but Demandred, never seems to be in awe of him. Yup, i agree with HawksHead, Demandred has always been in control. He's probably got this Nae'Blis thing under control,

he's just waiting for Moridin/Ishy, to get killed again :twisted:

Wow, Aran'Gar's really getting whupped here, now. Let me sing the praises once again:

1)He's angry, evil, clever, and powerful

2)He's always been a lecher

3)Now, he's also a hottie

4) She's a hottie, who's also a lecher!

What's not to like? She's everything that Lanfear should have been, except sane, and furthermore, Graendal's going to outplay her at her own game (after becoming her pillow friend, oh pleez oh pleez let it be so ), and use her like a tissue. Go Halima/'Gar/'Thamel!!!

I said mesaana for one simple reason, no one else did! the poor girls putting up with being surrounded with half trained children! ( interestingly enough if she's posing as an Aes Sedai she knows one thing the other forsaken dont- the warder bond) not that it'd be very useful for a forsaken..

I said mesaana for one simple reason, no one else did! the poor girls putting up with being surrounded with half trained children! ( interestingly enough if she's posing as an Aes Sedai she knows one thing the other forsaken dont- the warder bond) not that it'd be very useful for a forsaken..

But, Mesaana should like being around half trained children ... she is such a good teacher after all ... oh ... oops :twisted:

I think Demandred is quite cool (though just about all the forsaken are mad.)

He is the only forsaken not to have gotten "caught" in my opinion. Sure, Mesaana is free, but if I remember correctly Shadar Haran intervened in her affairs when Alviarin was given "the mark". And, in my opinion, being able to evade the clutches of Moridin and eluding Rand is rather pro.

• 1 month later...

High Fives LTT*

Moridin al the wayyyy. Nae'blis, insane, most powerful in the OP/TP, awesome, linked to DR, only one thats on the same lvl as Shadar Haran, controls cyndane + Mogey, awesome house colours (red, black), plays chess!, actually thinks he can turn Rand to the darksideeee sooo cockyy, saved him!, and Ishy was awesome as ba'lzamon.

What i don't get is why the DO took Ishy's soul right after Rand kills him and makes him Nae'blis as Moridin? It would make more sense if he gets punished like Lanfear right?

It would be a toss up between Demandred and Sammael but as Sammael isnt on its gotta be Damandred :)

He's just like secretive and cool about everything!And I find the entire jealous of Rand thing really cool when it comes to his PoV's, its like he's trying to convince himself he's beeter then LTT but you can tell he knows he isnt really! One of the female forsaken said in their PoV that Demandred would have been the most famous man of the age if it hadn't been for LTT, I believe, proving he owned all the other male forsaken anyway :wink:

I have got to say Ishamael/Moridin (big supprise with my screenname eh?).

In a way I think his motivations are the most 'pure' - obviously not in the traditional sense of the word but the fact that he wants the shadow to win at all costs and is obedient heart and soul to the GL. Also the fact that he was the first to stand human ever in his age to stand up and proclaim for the GL speaks for his determination.

I think Moridin doesn't get enough credit - he isn't a humbled version of Ishamael, he is just playing the game differently this time.

Lastly, as for Ishamael being mad and thinking he was actually Shai'tan, I don't think he ever said or thought that, he just used word trickery. I can't think of direct quotes he made to Rand but I remember when he said to Lanfear in TAR (when she claimed it as her domain) "Do you not serve the Great Lord?" which in a way implies he is refering to himself, but really he is just asking about her loyalty to the shadow.

Archived