DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will turn?!

maximus34

Yeah, and as far as Sheriam goes, I read in a thread somewhere (vague references aren't worth much, I know) that part of the argument for her having been turned was simply her detailed knowledge of such an obscure thing. In New Spring though, when Siuan and Moiraine are raised, she seems to be a veritable font of archaic trivia as she tries to get them to walk naked to the Ajah quarters, etc. She just seems to really dig strange little facts. I don't think that her knowledge of a 13/13 circle is necessarily sinister, and like you said, she doesn't display the personality for it.

That wasn't Sheriam, it was Rafela. Sheriam was raised after Moiraine and Suine.

But yeah... i mean i get the point of the suggestion, but personally Sheriam's odd behaviour strikes me as that of someone under someone elses thumb. This doesn't mean she might not be Black Ajah, but i dont think someone who has been turned would need to be thumbed.

Also based on RJ's description of what those who are turned are like, i would suggest they would not remain hidden easily. Their personalities are effectively inverted. That sort of thing would be hard to intentionally hide.

Darn! I hate when I'm wrong. Well, if Rafela can know lots of obscure things, maybe Sheriam can know at least one, lol.

I don't think she's Black; I think either Lelaine or Halima are/were working her over. Personally, I lean towards Halima because of the way Sheriam utterly fell apart while the Hall discussed inviting Asha'Man to the camp. Halima would care so much more about that than Lelaine would.

Lelaine might be Black. At any rate, she's nothing nice. She'll cause trouble in the last book.

It's occured to me that Lelaine is black too. And yeah, im uncertain about Sheriam... she could be, and is suffering because she is failing at some task, or she could not be... and is suffering for failing at some task. In either case we know her submission is linked to something she revealed to a sitter... something that gave them power over her, so it could be either Lelaine of Halima through Delana's knowledge. I too suspect the latter because Sheriam would have been more likely to confide in Delana.

Alternatively it could involve something else completely.

Archived