DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any other novices want to do the Novice Life req with me?

Phelix

Here's what I was thinking:

Novice Life Requirement RP

RP Concept: Studying in the Library

Characters: Novices

Timeline: IC: One afternoon, OOC: a week (or if we're good, we could do it all in one weekend)

Outline:

I. The novices are sent to the Library to research (perhaps AS roles in world politics; 1 post)

II. Novices begin to talk among themselves (1 post per novice min.)

III. Novices get distracted while searching in the stacks, talk about other things (ajahs? warders?) (1 post per novice min.)

IV. Novices practice embracing the source (maybe break a rule to use Air to reach books?) (1 post per novice min.)

V. One novice hears someone coming, so they rush back to their desks and notes to finish researching (1 post)

The way I see this going, is one novice starts the thread, then we all (however many of us there are) reply and follow the outline, and to end it, a different novice does the final post. It shouldn’t take more than a week, and can be kept to one thread. If we all do the bare minimum, we'll meet the requirement... but I doubt we'll do just the minimum. ;)

Here's what I was thinking:

Novice Life Requirement RP

RP Concept: Studying in the Library

Characters: Novices

Timeline: IC: One afternoon, OOC: a week (or if we're good, we could do it all in one weekend)

Outline:

I. The novices are sent to the Library to research (perhaps AS roles in world politics; 1 post)

II. Novices begin to talk among themselves (1 post per novice min.)

III. Novices get distracted while searching in the stacks, talk about other things (ajahs? warders?) (1 post per novice min.)

IV. Novices practice embracing the source (maybe break a rule to use Air to reach books?) (1 post per novice min.)

V. One novice hears someone coming, so they rush back to their desks and notes to finish researching (1 post)

The way I see this going, is one novice starts the thread, then we all (however many of us there are) reply and follow the outline, and to end it, a different novice does the final post. It shouldn’t take more than a week, and can be kept to one thread. If we all do the bare minimum, we'll meet the requirement... but I doubt we'll do just the minimum. ;)

I would be more than happy to work with you on that - and I LIKE the way you plan! :) Currently I'm hopped up on painkillers, but I'll be more than happy to brainstorm that.

Aaah my 2 favourite people of the moment at the same place *grins*

I have good news for you two ... I think. We've got a Salidar novice in, and since we don't have any others for "her" to play with, we're fuzzing the whole separation issue. She'll be RPing with a different MoN, but she might do the same RP classes as you, and maybe some of her other req threads.

The actual good news is that this person is also eager to post and a very good writer, so hopefully the lot of you can have lots of fun together.

Aaah my 2 favourite people of the moment at the same place *grins*

I have good news for you two ... I think. We've got a Salidar novice in, and since we don't have any others for "her" to play with, we're fuzzing the whole separation issue. She'll be RPing with a different MoN, but she might do the same RP classes as you, and maybe some of her other req threads.

The actual good news is that this person is also eager to post and a very good writer, so hopefully the lot of you can have lots of fun together.

*shifty look* It's never good when the boss calls you her favorite person! :P

Should be fun to have a Salidar novice around... just as long as she doesn't try to act like my mother! :P

And Chikara, you get healthy... though, posts fueled by painkillers are sure to be fun! :D

Well, novices and accepted RP in Retro. I know that's incredibly confusing since 1 novice might make her character 200 years old once she's raised to AS in character, and another might make hers only 60, even though they RPed pranks and classes together as N&A. To simplify things, just act like Retro is Vegas. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :happy:

Well, novices and accepted RP in Retro. I know that's incredibly confusing since 1 novice might make her character 200 years old once she's raised to AS in character, and another might make hers only 60, even though they RPed pranks and classes together as N&A. To simplify things, just act like Retro is Vegas. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :happy:

<elvis>Viva Las Retro! </elvis>

I'm gonna go start it now....

Thanks, Phelix. This is fun. Y'all are now learning about the horror of being in a library with a Brown aspie.

Oh gods, the memories of being a librarianship master's degree student focusing in reference work...they're coming back. :)

What ajahs are Elin and Nanna motoring for, btw, out of curiosity?

Thanks, Phelix. This is fun. Y'all are now learning about the horror of being in a library with a Brown aspie.

Oh gods, the memories of being a librarianship master's degree student focusing in reference work...they're coming back. :)

What ajahs are Elin and Nanna motoring for, btw, out of curiosity?

Heh... glad you're enjoying it. :biggrin: In middle and high school, I worked in the Library, and very much enjoyed myself... but I can't see myself doing it for a living. ;) I have a large amount of respect for people who do do it for a living. :D

I'm pretty sure that Elin will be a Red, but that could change. She might end up a Green though.;)