Emperor

6 members have voted

1. 1. Choose!

• Devil - It is not like Night directed it so it should be safe
    • Easy A - I am 17 and need my fix of tweens
    • The American - Clooney, nuff said
    • The Town - Affleck acting and directing.. hmmm
    • The Social Network - A whole movie devoted to Farmville

I would definitely go see The Town. I've always been a fan of Ben Affleck, despite his unfortunate mid-career crisis (Reindeer Games, Jersey Girl, Surviving Christmas) after such a fantastic start (Good Will Hunting). His roles in Shakespeare in Love, Dogma, Good Will Hunting, Armageddon, Sum of All Fears, and Dazed and Confused contributed all the more to that, even though some weren't as good as others. His popularity with me took a huge jump after I saw his directorial debut of the brilliant Gone Baby, Gone that starred his younger brother, Casey (who was incredible). I can't wait to see his second film that he not only starred in and directed, but also cowrote. The fact that it has a 91% on RT doesn't hurt either.

I would see The American, if I had to go see a movie. Granted, I think everything they are punching out now is either plotless or a rehash of something that was not even good to begin with, but I watched and liked the first 2 Godfathers, and so maybe I would be able to stomach this movie the best. The others just sounded like either trash or I had no idea what they could be.

1. The American is nothing like the two Godfather movies. I mean completely different.

2. There are tons of original and good movies out there. I agree that there are tons of bad movies out there. You Again looks to join those ranks (sorry Red, it looks terrible). But the masses enjoy the dumb movies and keep paying to seem them. Luckily there are some out there that do make very enjoyable movies.

3. The Town IS a rehash. It is also incredibly good. The acting is top notch. It is the Heat of our generation I guess. If you liked Heat you will like this.

hey Emp, quick questions.

how well does "the Town" measure up to "The Departed" or "Righteous Kill" ?? both me & bubba really enjoyed both of those movies, so if "the Town" along those lines might have to go see it. cant remmeber if i've seen heat or not, well not off the top of my head anyways.

edit - looked at idb.com and i've seen the end of it, it is a good movie from what i remember.

hey Emp, quick questions.

how well does "the Town" measure up to "The Departed" or "Righteous Kill" ?? both me & bubba really enjoyed both of those movies, so if "the Town" along those lines might have to go see it. cant remmeber if i've seen heat or not, well not off the top of my head anyways.

edit - looked at idb.com and i've seen the end of it, it is a good movie from what i remember.

I thought Righteous Kill was rubbish personally so it beat the pants off of it. It is not as good as The Departed though but that was an Oscar caliber movie. I could see The Town maybe getting an Oscar nod for acting or adapted screenplay... but really I doubt it. Again I ranked it pretty high in my top 10 list.. but the best movies come out later.

Ikk - I think you and I are pretty close in movie tastes then. I am what I call a movie snob. Sure I will go see some pointless drivel on the screen or catch it on Netflix. I greatly enjoy Novemeber and Decemeber as this is when the best movies come out... usually at the small theatres though.

Archived