DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred- Old thread needs new eyes

blackmore

Lol, I dont know where you got Lan vs Demandred from but it certainly wasnt one of my posts. You disagree with what I say for reasons that pretty much are covered by what I said. Obviously that doesnt make me right or you wrong, I just find it a bit odd. I said Demandred is using Basheres absence to influence the Borderlanders via Saldaea, possibly having usurped someones identity from the Saldaean militia, and he could be using that and the Saldaean national hatred of Taim to get the other Borderlanders with him and send the BT and Saldaea against each other... and your disagreement is "No, because what the Borderlanders are doing means they must be being persuaded." Erm, thats exactly what I said, I just went into detail about how I think it might have actually happened.

Perhaps I was unclear on your meaning but you initially wrote "I think hes been in Saldaea taking advantage of Basheres absence". I proposed a Lan vs Demandred meeting if Demandred was actually in Saldea as you wrote. Your reply seems more like what I suspected with him influencing the borderland military so we might be in agreement.

First of all, blackmore, thank you for making this topic, because I've never really discussed Demandred before and recently had been wanting to know what other people thought...except the other main topic about Demandred has gotten really long and frankly I don't have the time to read it. So, also thanks to Barid for the quick recap.

I like the idea of Demandred as the King of Murandy, simply because he's kind of been mentioned a lot, and yet he's one of the few rulers we haven't seen yet. Wasn't the Band tied up with him a bit?

However, I still find the Black Tower theory more likely. The main thing that gets me was the comment, in one of the Forsaken meetings, about how "Demandred and Taim" were supposed to be keeping an eye on Rand. Not only does that imply that they're kind of in the same place, but it implies that, you know, Demandred actually has to be in a position to keep an eye on Rand, and the King of Murandy doesn't really fit the bill there. Neither do a lot of of the other theories, actually. Obviously he can Travel, but it seemed like they were saying that what Demandred is doing/where he is gives him a position to keep an eye on Rand, as opposed to him doing one thing and also randomly being assigned to peek in on Rand every once and a while.

It was Osan`gar and Demandred, not Taim.

The way I see it is that the Forsaken know Demandred has a proxy close to Rand (probably Taim.) After all, Graendal probably the most informed person of the forsaken - except for maybe Moridin - doesn't know where Demandred personally, so that suggests he isn't close to Rand at all.

First of all, blackmore, thank you for making this topic, because I've never really discussed Demandred before and recently had been wanting to know what other people thought...except the other main topic about Demandred has gotten really long and frankly I don't have the time to read it. So, also thanks to Barid for the quick recap.

I like the idea of Demandred as the King of Murandy, simply because he's kind of been mentioned a lot, and yet he's one of the few rulers we haven't seen yet. Wasn't the Band tied up with him a bit?

However, I still find the Black Tower theory more likely. The main thing that gets me was the comment, in one of the Forsaken meetings, about how "Demandred and Taim" were supposed to be keeping an eye on Rand. Not only does that imply that they're kind of in the same place, but it implies that, you know, Demandred actually has to be in a position to keep an eye on Rand, and the King of Murandy doesn't really fit the bill there. Neither do a lot of of the other theories, actually. Obviously he can Travel, but it seemed like they were saying that what Demandred is doing/where he is gives him a position to keep an eye on Rand, as opposed to him doing one thing and also randomly being assigned to peek in on Rand every once and a while.

You are quite welcome :smile:

Archived