DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play

Matalina

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still getting the hang of the minstrel changes. Haven't really done enough to know whether my power woes are solved or not.

I did, however, take the intro into Dunland and start exploring there. You'll make a choice on which path to enter Dunland by, which affects how you start out there, but the storylines merge back together fairly soon. I chose the western path, entry through Trum Dreng. After knocking out a few quests, I went back to exploring, which is my first love. I've been just about everywhere but Tal Methedras, a large lake in NE Dunland, which apparently is quest gated in some fashion. I also rode up to the gate of Isengard with its bevy of level 75 critters. Nan Curunir is rough to get around in, but was pretty cool all told. There's even a lore nugget for lovers of the book there.

All in all, visually I like it. They also retouched some effects elsewhere. Clouds have a bit different feel, at least in Enedwaith and south than they did before. I also ran into snow for the first time in Enedwaith.

• 1 year later...

/punts back up

Riders of Rohan expansion went live yesterday. I've been out and about to a small section of it thus far, which happily for me the lore geek included the Argonath and Amon Hen. Working toward obtaining a war mount so I can see how that works. Also, they've done some serious work to the night sky at some point in the recent past, haven't checked yet to see if it is universal - last night I took a screenie of an awesome nighttime sky from the feet of the Argonath with a crescent moon overhead.

Archived