DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darkhounds at the crossroads?

Okay maybe not interesting and excuse the terrible grammer like 'my most rambling psot'.

Anyhow Hercules is kinda lik Perrin:

1.Herc famous for his strenght. Perrin noted by many to be strong.

2.Herc worship quite widespread from Hispania to Gaul. Perrin has partically a rainbow nation following him and has got a lot of respect from quite a widespread area from Seanchan to Berelain gaff. Heck he even has a mate called Gaul.

3.Herc fave weapon equals the club. Okay kinda like Perrins hammer in its use in battle, requiring brute strenght not skill.

4. Herc was fostered out. Perrin didn't live at home when we meet him.

5. Herc had problems with his temper and killed his kids in madness. Perrin is afraid to lose himself in madness.

6.Herc wife killed him when she heard he fell in love with another chick. Echoes of Faile and Berelain and what could happen or some kind of twist on it.

7.Extraordinary strength. courage and ingenuity. Yes. yes and yes. The forkroot in the water supply. Perrin invented chemical warfare.

8. Not as clever as other deities but yet used his wits to achieve his twelve labours.. Perrin is always thinking he is slow but he really is quite clever.

9.Heracles was an extremely passionate and emotional individual, capable of doing both great deeds for his friends (such as wrestling with Thanatos on behalf of Prince Admetus, who had regaled Heracles with his hospitality, or restoring his friend Tyndareus to the throne of Sparta after he was overthrown) and being a terrible enemy who would wreak horrible vengeance on those who crossed him, as Augeas, Neleus and Laomedon all found out to their cost. All sounds like Perrin.

Okay Herc fought with Cerebus the hellhound. Could this mean Perrin will deal with the darkhounds?

Okay I'm finished with this its safe to come back.

I never noticed the Hercules similarities, I couldn't disagree with you though. Seems like Perrin's got a few Herculean tasks here and there, too - saving the Two Rivers, saving Faile, putting manners on Masema, (ok, fail that one), and now, presumably, leading the wolves to wipe out the Darkhounds.

Def makes Masuri look rather fishy. I mean, come on, the Blight's no fun place... Or how OLD is she?

I think people are really looking into the Masuri thing too much. if she was Black Ajah, would she really decide to announce to the world that she was an expert of darkhounds? That wouldn't be suspicious at all. For one, Masuri is from the Borderlands, so her interest in the darkhounds isn't entirely misplaced. And considering how much characters such as Moiraine and Lan know of them, why shouldnt there be an expert around, especially one of the Brown Ajah?

The Brown Ajah is hardly known for going on adventures and for Masuri to have identified different packs she would have had to be out of the White Tower a good bit. I have no opinion on her being Black Ajah but the darkhound packs are already rare as it is and she did identify a number of them.

I think people are really looking into the Masuri thing too much. if she was Black Ajah, would she really decide to announce to the world that she was an expert of darkhounds? That wouldn't be suspicious at all. For one, Masuri is from the Borderlands, so her interest in the darkhounds isn't entirely misplaced. And considering how much characters such as Moiraine and Lan know of them, why shouldn't there be an expert around, especially one of the Brown Ajah?

That's what this whole discussion site is all about-looking into stuff.

Lan muses that there hasn't been any south since the Trolloc Wars, that's a long time, and from your musings on Masuri being from the borderlands and having an interest in them, well Lan is from the deep north of the borderlands so surely he would have an interest in them too by your logic. Lan surely would be out an around more than Masuri. Even if Masuri is a well travelled Brown she hasn't a patch on a Blue for globetrotting. So one of them must be wrong and significantly so also. Unless of course one of them is lying or making the truth spin like a top or just shading it.

Also why would confirming that one has an interest in Darkhounds smack of Darkfriendness? Surely a light friend would have more incentive to know about Darkhounds as they would be up against them. This still doesn't mean that something isn't fishy here with Masuri of course just that having an interest in something doesn't place you in one camp or the other. Heck her curious investigations could of led her to the shadow.

The Brown Ajah is hardly known for going on adventures and for Masuri to have identified different packs she would have had to be out of the White Tower a good bit. I have no opinion on her being Black Ajah but the darkhound packs are already rare as it is and she did identify a number of them.

I quite agree.

I never noticed the Hercules similarities, I couldn't disagree with you though. Seems like Perrin's got a few Herculean tasks here and there, too - saving the Two Rivers, saving Faile, putting manners on Masema, (ok, fail that one), and now, presumably, leading the wolves to wipe out the Darkhounds.

Def makes Masuri look rather fishy. I mean, come on, the Blight's no fun place... Or how OLD is she?

I didn't really have time to go into the twelve labours and how they would echo with Perrin somehow. There is something in Rand's supposed 'nine impossible tasks' mentioned or foretold(?) by Nicola, can't remember what book, that does connect with Herc's twelve labours. Hey according to the Marvel Comics Herc, he didn't complete all his tasks either or rather was aided in them. So maybe faile helped Perrin there.

Archived