DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

E Readers

aemonkristen

I'm seriously considering getting an E-Reader because I travel a bit in my job and it's not always convenient to be carrying around the weight of a physical book. I like the look of the Kindle and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions, reccomendations, warnings, etc about e-readers of any make or model before I make a decision.

Yeah they are pretty pricey, those iPads.

Turns out the person I was thinking of didn't get the kindle - it was someone else who was thinking about it, and she's really weird so I wouldn't place much stock in her opinion anyhow - so sorry, I have no insight to offer you!!

Depends on what your after.

I think the more important question is which support option is the best. 

Even though they have different features, they are all pretty much the same.  The question is, how easy is it to obtain titles through them. 

best to check out the formats the reader will support, readers like the kindle or sonys prs505 say they support most formats and/or handle software to convert the formats. plus they can both be used to play mp3 files/watch videos etc but your paying a high price for them

there are "basic" e readers on the market for around £100($120) area if all you want is just to read books on it but they dont support may file formats or the software to convert them.

ive been looking into this myself too and cant decide which is the best way to go

Archived