DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cadsuane in a'dam or how I freed the damane

sumquy

There just isn't time for Mat to create the dragons for TG.

Not sure how you can say that, when the "steam wagons" that could move 100 miles a day on unpaved roads were created in less than a year. Far more impossible by RL standards, of course. And cannon production is about to ramp up as per TGS. As with Seanchan and damane, this is a plot thread of long standing, that would need to get a resolution for TG.

Then you still have the Seanchan who he is only allying with to fight in the Last Battle.

No real cooperation will be possible with them if their attitude towards channelers doesn't change. No free channelers can feel safe working with them.

For better or worse the damane are not capable of rehabilitation, they've been effectively broken and melded into a weapon.

This is not true. Elayne's group had a pretty good success in rehabilitating damane, even Alivia and the other Seanchan one. The process would only accelerate if they could actually make sul'dam channel in front of the damane and also demonstrate that a'dam can be beaten.

For better or worse the damane are not capable of rehabilitation, they've been effectively broken and melded into a weapon.

This is not true. Elayne's group had a pretty good success in rehabilitating damane, even Alivia and the other Seanchan one. The process would only accelerate if they could actually make sul'dam channel in front of the damane and also demonstrate that a'dam can be beaten.

Even those with the strongest spirit, such as Alivia, act very subservient even when the collar has been removed.

I agree with the above posts that for the most part the damane are "unrehabilitable". Yes there are a few exceptions if enough effort is put into them, but most damane would be appalled at the idea of being let out of the collar.

That is not really the idea I was trying to put forward though. If an AS were to discover a weakness in the collar that made it unfunctionable or better let the damane remove it themselves, that would "kill the goat" as Mat would say.

If an AS were to discover a weakness in the collar that made it unfunctionable or better let the damane remove it themselves, that would "kill the goat" as Mat would say.

If Aes Sedia were to achieve either or both, the Seanchan might make new ones that would prevent either/both.

To me it would be more effective in the long run (and perhaps also in the short run) to first change Seanchan opinion; and maybe also easier.

Archived