DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

really bad, GOOD, bad old films?!

Catiendha Myerin

I am a fan of some strange films.  Mostly 1970's and 1980's, low-budget, comedy and sci-fi movies.

I am easily amused.  I also like really, really old, black n white "monster movies" like THEM, THE BLOB and BIRDS!!!!!

LOL!  I can't help myself. 

Maybe it is just that I am a child of the 1970's and I appreciate a very late night movie instead of the freaking infomercials that they play on tv late at night now. 

When I wake up at 3am and can't sleep I am happy to find a stupid old movie on tv instead of an infomercial for the latest penis enlargement pills, the latest colon cleansing pills or the latest body-sculpting device!

Not that I am immune to these diabolical subliminal infomercials.  I have purchased a few of them ~sham wow and smooth away~ and have been terribly disappointed!!!!  Evil and diabolical I say!

Anyhow, my point is that I am still an insomniac and happy when I find an OLD movie on the tv late at night instead of an evil infomercial! 

When I was growing up there were always old movies on late at night after my mom went to bed and when I was supposed to be in bed as well (evil grin!).

I will get to the point now.  I would like to talk about old movies that make you smile, no matter how old, cheesy or stoop-ed they are. 

The top 5 favorite old movies that I could watch over and over again include:

Night of the Comet

Revenge of the Nerds

CHUD

THEM

Slumber Party Massacre

Anyone seen any of these?  I'd rather watch any of these 100 times than watch another freaking infomercial even once!  Infomercials are like waterboarding to me!  aggggggggggggg! 

I remember watching this old movie (early 80s) with Bette Davis called the Watcher in the Woods. as a kid it freaked me out! I loved it.

Also love really old Aussie movies such as Alvin Purple and Patrick, but I dont know if anyone other than Australians would have seen them.

Planet of the apes, yay!  LOL, thats a good one.

I never heard of those aussie films.  what are they about?

I have several tapes of some old movies.  sadly my vcr broke and I have no way to play them right now.  I bought a bunch of stupid old movies at a yard sale when I was a teenager.  25 cents each!  I have Slumber Party Massacre, CHUD and Night of the Comet on tape, but no way to watch them!  aggggg!   

Maybe I'm too old for many of you here.  I recall when there were random, silly, stupid, amusing, mostly black n white, really old movies on the television late at night, just after the 11 o'clock news. 

There were no infomercials in my childhood!

No internet, no school shootings and no terrorists either!  (unless you went overseas to some weird other country) 

Hmmmmmmm, how did I ever live without the internet for so long???

Actually, there was 1 "infomercial" which started it all.  I call it the father of all evil infomercials!  GINSU KNIVES!!!!  There were television shows during the day.  There was news in the evening.  There were movie specials.  There was the Muppet Show!  ;D  There were game shows.  There were old movies late at night.  Until suddenly . . .GINSU KNIVES!  The commercial that was everywhere!

GINSU KNIVES were the gateway drug of the INFOMERCIALS!!!! 

GINSU KNIVES is to pot as SHAM WOW/SNUGGIE/BUMPITS is to crack! 

how's that for an SAT reference?  eh?  Yeah, high school and college were a while ago for me, but I still recall the nighmares, LOL!

I've run far afield.  I wanted to talk about long-forgotten old films that are worth viewing, despite not being main stream any longer. 

Revenge of the Nerds, Night of the Comet, THEM, Pet Cemetery, The Shining (the original), Marijuana Madness (HILARIOUS!), The Wizard of Oz, anything old and good and looked over!

I've seen Reefer Madness - is that the same as Marijuana Madness? It is hilarious!

I also remember watching the original House on Haunted Hill and the original Night of the Living Dead - great stuff

Archived