DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hrmm... Band, hey?

So I'm bored, and I like music, and I think pretty highly of myself, so before I join the rank and file I want to find out if it's worth it or not. I read the 100 Reasons, pretty amusing I must say, but since this is all about the music, heres a little test.

Umdomskulen

The Whitest Boy Alive

GY!BE

The Mahavishnu Orchestra

Awesome? Y/N

I figure these are some pretty esoteric bands. If someone (It can be a group effort) can provide a comment or post about how awesome one or more of these bands are, I'll join, and submit to my betters.

Also this is a shallow attempt to entertain myself whilst whiling away the hours at work. I also dig quite a lot of other bands, so please don't assume I'm some uptight preppy elitist d-bag.

If anyone is going to the BDO on Saturday (If you're going, you'll know what I'm talking about), that scores extra awesome points.

sorry man, i can't endorse any of these bands except maybe GY!BE. they were OK. I couldn't even find anything on that first band of yours. maybe you could post a link to some of their material. esoteric indeed.

my tastes tend to run in the direction of metal, stuff like Iron Maiden, Dethklok, Opeth, Ensiferum, Children of Bodom and other stuff like that.

it's part of being in the Band; our tastes run in different directions and it allows for all of us to hear a variety of music. and if you don't like a particular band or genre you don't have to listen to it.

Welcome to browsing around our Campfires! Personally, I have never heard of any of those bands, but I am always prepared to listen to see if I like them. So I will do that shortly once I have finished speaking on the phone!

My current genres of music are symphonic metal and electronica. I've had that phase of music for quite some time now as well, so it looks fairly settled.

And whenever I run activities (i.e. "Tune or No Tune", "Original vs. Cover"), I try and cover as many genres as possible. And when we get our second Battle of the Bands going, we find champions of 16 different genres to then crown as the overall champion.

I got the name wrong, my apologies! Not a great start...

Anyway, band page http://www.ungdomskulen.com/wip4/

Awesome stoner/prog rock, with cowbells!

Yeah you gotta love the subjective nature of this whole music caper, I never used to really like anything electronic but at the moment I can't get enough of Brotherhood by Chemical Brothers. Kinda at odds with GY!BE and the above band!

Farcrie: GY!BE just ok? Love to hear your thoughts!

Corki: Most new BEP is NOT a tune! *mumbles and goes to sign up and vote*

Dad always told me Switchfoot was Christian lol Other bands someone might recognize that I like...DC Talk, Skillet (which are okay...), um.....yeah the other ones would be solely Christian and probably not a ring a bell, like Michael W. Smith, Jaci Velasquez and Brandon Heath.

Chemical Brothers rock! Great music to chill out to.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my assessments in "Tune or No Tune". We all have different tastes, and it is part and parcel of music.

Archived