DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shaidar Haran (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

couldent someone with a sword just cut his head off?

Probably...  But I think that as long as the DO exists and his power grows, SH can exist.  If what has been discussed is true (that the SH who visited Carridin back in tDR and the current SH are actually different Myrrdraal- I don't know if I buy it... but if) then the DO can just take/create a new Myrrdraal body that can be his Avatar.

What is there to buy? When asked if they were the same, RJ said "Shaidar Haran .5? The Dark One doesn't always get it right the first time!" That seems pretty conclusive to me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still not the same Shaidar Haran. Yes, he was in the room with the "prototype" or "SH .5" but not the current Shaidar Haran. While it's easy to say that Ishy was transmigrated to Moridin.. there's no way to say the same thing happened for this myrddral.

I disagree with your first comment.  The SH in tDR who visits Carridin is the same SH we know and love now.  The difference, IMO, is that SH gets stronger as the DO's prison weakens.  SH from tDR just isn't as strong or capable at that point in the story.  Whatever SH in tDR said/did is the will of the DO, just as whatever SH says/does now is the DO's will.

RJ said something like.. "Shaidar Haran .5... the Dark One doesn't always get it right!" which is indicative to me that this is not the same creature.

I believe that was in reference to the fade that confronts Rand in Baerlon (I think it was Baerlon), which was allll the way back in tEotW. There's no telling when the "true" SH came about, though it seems most likely that it was around LoC and not earlier.

It could be the same one. Either way, we don't even know how different SH 0.5 and SH 1.0 are from one another, so maybe they go by the same motives and it can be assumed that Moridin/Ishamael and SH have been at odds since the early books. Maybe.

Archived