DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A saidin lesson, open

Kelitor

Due to the quietness... and the fact that I still haven't had a Saidin lesson... I'm going to start a thread in which me and the group of anonymous other Soldiers have to do a group remedial channeling lesson. Its open, anyone else who wants learning/teaching please join. I can't teach myself. Well, I suppose I could write some anonymous Asha'man teaching me, but that'd be cheating.

Just as a heads up, you both need to watch your strength assumptions.  Even with the extra leeway I allow, you would only be at 50% strength at best, meaning 17-18.  Probably closer to 12.  The only time you'd be surpasing a Dedicated would be if he was laughably weak.  But he'd probably have an insane skill score and channel circles around you.  Typically the Dedicated sit at the 22-25 range.  

That being said, the way men grow in strength is unpredictable.  The man you surpased yesterday could end up far stronger than you tomorrow simply by his natural progression.  Makes strength comparison pretty useless until you've fully grown.  Lets keep it realistic.

Just as a heads up, you both need to watch your strength assumptions.  Even with the extra leeway I allow, you would only be at 50% strength at best, meaning 17-18.  Probably closer to 12.  The only time you'd be surpasing a Dedicated would be if he was laughably weak.  But he'd probably have an insane skill score and channel circles around you.  Typically the Dedicated sit at the 22-25 range.  

That being said, the way men grow in strength is unpredictable.  The man you surpased yesterday could end up far stronger than you tomorrow simply by his natural progression.  Makes strength comparison pretty useless until you've fully grown.  Lets keep it realistic.

Ok, yeah, I guess I kind of got a little overinflated towards the end there.

*This is the part where I get to pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh* ;)

We DO accept men of all strength, but the vast majority fall right on or very close to the 32/28 average.  The weakest a PC Asha'man can be is 26.  Anything below that mark would be considered extremely weak.  ICly, promotions are largely given due to proficiency at channeling, a very important part of which is strength.  A weak character will have to wait a long time before getting his promotion to Dedicated, and unless a large skill score increases their potency enough, they probably won't ever reach Asha'man rank.

Basically, it's safe to assume that any Dedicated you run into will have at least 20 strength.  Any Dedicated weaker than that would be extremely rare, and like I mentioned before he would probably have a skill score allowing him to channel circles around just about everyone else.

Think of it like the Aes Sedai.  They might train everyone they run across, but not everyone they train has the strength to move up in the ranks.

Alright.  Odd as it may seem, the reply I put on that thread has vanished.  And both of you replied again without me, so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do.  I'd originally written in Daevis slicing apart that rather foolish heating weave just before it vaporized the both of you ...

That's.... odd. I was wondering what you were doing when you made that post and I never saw anything go up on the RP thread.  :-\

Alright.  Odd as it may seem, the reply I put on that thread has vanished.  And both of you replied again without me, so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do.  I'd originally written in Daevis slicing apart that rather foolish heating weave just before it vaporized the both of you ...

That's.... odd. I was wondering what you were doing when you made that post and I never saw anything go up on the RP thread.  :-\

Go put up another post then Arath.  Lolz.  DM has been breaking down all over the place recently.