DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Computer assistance anyone?

Hallow

Right so, I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop, about 1,5-2 years old. Recently (last few months) I've been unable to write the @ symbol. (I copy+pasted it to get it in there btw). Now usually this isn't a huge problem as I can just copy paste like I just did. But last week I bought Dragon age origins for the computer. The game uses a system where you have to log into an account to download DLC's. Unfortunatley the only way to log in is to use your E-mail, and it's impossible to copy or paste when you are in the game.

Which is why I wonder, does anyone have any idea how you can fix this? I've tried changing my language setting thing in the control panel from Norwegian (I live in Norway) to US and back to Norway, didn't do it. Also tried plugging in another keyboard to check if it was the keyboard itself, and it still didn't work.

Anyone?

ctrl c (copy), ctrl v (paste) might work for you.

Now usually this isn't a huge problem as I can just copy paste like I just did. But last week I bought Dragon age origins for the computer. The game uses a system where you have to log into an account to download DLC's. Unfortunatley the only way to log in is to use your E-mail, and it's impossible to copy or paste when you are in the game.

Holy jaysus that was fast though.

If an external keyboard won't work, and ctrl+c + ctrl+v won't work, I think its time to get a new laptop, or completely wipe the one you've got.

The external keyboard not working makes me think theres something nasty going on under the covers. That, or something has gotten stuck on the sensor pad of your @ key. Does the number 2 work?

If an external keyboard won't work, and ctrl+c + ctrl+v won't work, I think its time to get a new laptop, or completely wipe the one you've got.

The external keyboard not working makes me think theres something nasty going on under the covers. That, or something has gotten stuck on the sensor pad of your @ key. Does the number 2 work?

On my keyboard (Norwegian) 2 is the @ key. However I've managed to type @ by activating Num lock, then holding in Fn and alt and then pressing O and U.

On my keyboard (Norwegian) 2 is the @ key. However I've managed to type @ by activating Num lock, then holding in Fn and alt and then pressing O and U.

Of course! It's so obvious, in hindsight... :P

Of course! It's so obvious, in hindsight... :P

lol yeah... :P (To be honest with you, I just mashed my forehead into the keyboard until I got the @ symbol) ;D

Archived