DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Week 2 Review

Emperor

Since JD lost and I won, I guess it is up to me to write this up this week. 

Team Diablos (JD) vs. Kynwric's Ghosts

Have I already mention that JD lost?  I keep bringing this up because I do not think I am going to be able to mention this next week.  So I gotta get my licks in now.  Tom Brady sucked this week.  Coupled with the fact that Kynwric's TE got 27 Fantasy Points and the Dallas Defense was laughing at JD when they let Eli rack up TD's and you get a lopsided victory for Kynwric.

Final: 114  to 76 (ouch)

Emp's Words of Wisdom:  Well I wanted to scold the Dallas Defense but you already took care of that.  I can't point to any other holes on your team.  Trade Brady? :P

Picked correctly: Soy, Karana

Incorrect: Empy, JD, Hax

Emp's Sex Panthers vs. Boyo's Soy Bombers

I gotta admit, when I saw Andre Johnson score 2 TDs in his game I thought I was done for.  But by Sunday night each of my team members had put up solid numbers.  It was nice to know going to bed Sunday night I would not have to rely on Ronnie Brown to bring it home for me... he just got to put the icing in the cake of Soy's misery.

Final: 125 to 99

Emps Words of Wisdom:  I think Seattle is where good WRs go to die and it looks like TJ is no exception.

Picked correctly: Empy, JD, Karana, Hax

Incorrect: Soy

Corki's No Hopers vs. Paityr's Pickles

I think Paityr knew he was destined to lose when he put in Garrad in place of Schaub (357 passing yards, 4 TDs).  It is much easier to lose when you know there was nothing you can do.  Other than the stellar defense by the Saints (did I just say that?) and his QB Rivers, there are no real standouts on Corki's team this week.  It is really hard to believe looking at Pait's team he is 0-2. 

Final: 99 - 94

Empy's Word of Wisdom: Much like changing answers on the test, do not question your first instict for QB.

No one predicted Corki to win this one.

NOT Game of the Week

Yard Chiefs (Sham) vs. Hax's Hussies

Larry Fitzgerald... and the rest of the crappy Chiefs team went up against basically Peyton Manning.  Hax would have had this in the bag if Wes Welker had been playing.  Unfortunately when your best player sits out a game it will cost you the game... to the Chiefs.  Whatever voodoo Sham is working makes me fear playing him later in the season.

Final:  72.24 - 71.59 (yeah it was that close)

Emp's Words of Wisdom: Pick up any KC player and trade Sham for Larry Fitzgerald.

Picked Correctly: Empy, Karana, Hax

Picked WRONG: JD, Soy

Karana's Crusaders vs. Autumn Brees (Empy's Bro)

Drew Brees is Magic and Karana did not stand a chance against him. Karana's team did put up decent numbers but my bro just had a perfect storm of performances.  Marian Barber, Sproles and Brees all put up over 25 points each.  It is easy to win when the other 5 plays do not need to do anything.  I do not know how long his good luck will last though. 

Final: 118 - 92

Picked Correctly:  Empy!

Picked Wrong: EVERYONE ELSE

Game of the Week

Seggie's Sithlords vs. ibleedorange (F Horn)

In years past this would be Cowboys vs. Bengals, but both managers have wised up and only have their QB's from each team (cough Sham, read this!).  Now they are actually contenders.  When your RB has a 197 rushing yard day for 2 TDs and 87 receiving yards for a TD for almost 50 fantasy points, you figure you have it in the bag (Chris Johnson).  But Seggie's Frank Gore also had an awesome day with 207 yards and 2 TDs.  In the end, even with WR Gennings getting a goose egg, F Horn wins this impressive match up.

Final: 128 - 112

Emp's Words of Wisdom: I got nothing because you both scare me.

Predictions: Everyone got this one right.

Next Week's Matchups

Emp vs. JD - I really think this will be a very close game.

Soy vs. Seggie - Seggie is slightly favored but with Andre Johnson you can't count Soy out.

Pait vs. Sham - It seems a no brainer to pick Pait but Sham is working miracles.

Hax vs. Empy's Bro - If LT starts, then the Bro will really rely on how Bree's performs.  Of course Welker could be out another week too.

Karana vs. Corki - Corki is the early favorite but I think Karana will prevail.

F Horn vs. Kynwric - The addition of Bell is a risk, will it pay off for Kyn?

No one predicted Corki to win this one.

All 6 of you who voted got it wrong! Just to name and shame you all, that was Paityr, Empy, JD, Boyo, Karana and Hax. Is that the biggest failure in guessing the winner?

For the record, when we picked your game Corki Matt Schaub was Pait's starting QB, then little pickle boy rolls in Sunday morning and F**ks the game up.  Didn't he read my exceptionally long review/preview after week 1.  David Garrard is NOT an option.  Watching Pait play fantasy football is like playing cards with my brother's kids or something (go Tombstone!). 

Still, I'll give it up for the No Hopers, they played well.

I think I went like 1 for 6 in picking this week though.  So technically Pait probably knows more about fantasy football than I do at this point, and I should leave him alone.  ;)

Good review Empy.  I have two predictions to add.

First, the Yard Chiefs lose this week to Pait's pickles, provided he doesn't throw the game.  Secondly, the Brees express stops here.  I think Hax finally lives up to his potential and wins.  Plus I think Brees will come down to earth a bit against a very good Bills team (though they have looked shaky on defense).

JD,

1-1

Watching Pait play fantasy football is like playing cards with my brother's kids or something (go Tombstone!).

Oh yeah? Well, if we were playing fantasy birdwatching I'd kick all your asses!

Cuz, you know, I'm pretty familiar with the various bird species found throughout North America. Except for the southeastern U.S. Those damn wood warblers!

Besides, it's not my fault Garrard is a sucky goalie!  :P

Archived