DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I need help

The Yes Guy

I don't know if this belongs here or in the other forum, but more people seem to post here so I chose this one. Sue me.

Ok, I used to be a huge fan of this series. I even joined that role playing story-thing online. However, I've only read each book once, and it's been a long time since I've really thought about them. My interest has been re-peaked by the proximity of the new book.

My problem is: I hardly remember anything. I recall some scenes in vivid detail, and I have a feel for the overall plot, but I was browsing these forums and people reference things that I can't seem to remember happening. I'm just afraid I'll be totally lost when I try to read the new one. Does anyone have any helpful ways to refresh on WOT plotlines, without resorting to rereads? I have a busy schedule, and I don't think I can justify rereading 11 900+ page books. If all else fails I will probably attempt a reread, but I'd like to see my other options first.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

You know that if you read 5 or 6 chapters a day, you'll have finished the series by the time the new book comes out, right? That's not even an hour's reading a day.

Just thought I would throw that in there, before someone comes along and helps you out  :D

The problem isn't really the time commitment (well, that is a problem). It's more that I've moved on to other literature, and I already have a huge reading list ahead of me. I'd like to reread them, and I know it's certainly possible, but new books that I haven't read yet take precedence over rereads.

Thanks for the planning tip, though.

Archived