DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

For the love of god...

You don't have to pick your ajah yet, sillies :p And we're not doing it so you'll go Blue. We're doing it because we approve of your excellent spelling and grammar and you dedication to it *lol*

I know Kath... "idgios\hdddfbgdpd"= I went to Iceland. It was cold.

Maybe we could start back on people who type like the above *grins*

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes, maybe I should have specified that.

And ooh.. a maths geek. I may have to reconsider my adoption offer :P j/k of course

And yeah, I know what you mean by your writing skills deteriorating in college. It's the same for me, only I don't do maths, I'm an English major. No idea why this is happening.

You'll find this hard to believe, but my hadwriting will get worse in the summers. I stop practicing and it becomes a weird scribble. It'll take a week of rewriting things on the whiteboard before my students stop complaining.

The way I've always thought of it is' date=' "If you don't care enough to make your posts readable, then why should I care enough to read them?"

Putting in apostrophes, spelling things correctly, using periods and capitals where needed, these things all make your posts easier to read. If I'm pressed for time, or feeling lazy, I will skip posts that aren't formatted correctly. [b']I'm not a grammar nazi[/b], obviously, but I do try to make things readable for you.

Corollaries and usage

There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress.

It is considered poor form to arbitrarily raise such a comparison with the motive of ending the thread. There is a widely recognized codicil that any such ulterior-motive invocation of Godwin's Law will be unsuccessful From linked Wiki

As you used the word first, and are now invoking, I hereby deny your invocation of Godwin's Law.

hehe

Used to be usenet and IRC WERE the internet. Now its all "pirated music" this and "Myspace" that. You young whippersnappers have no idea.

I really don't either. I got online when the web was taking over. I've always used a webbased email as my primary account. I had a personal Geocities page back in the day and I thought that was pretty slick. Now you've got teenagers offering streaming video of themselves singing japanese pop songs while texting their neighbors cell phone.

When did I get old?

Archived