DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you listening to?

mmeeshal

"I Don't Love You" by My Chemical Romance

Part of it's the music itself; a song could have super-nice lyrics, but then if the music was heavy or dark or something, it wouldn't be a very happy song, would it?  Only Hope doesn't depress me, really.  It could, potentially, in the right frame of mind, but in general the music is too...not sad...for me to be depressed by it.

And yes, there is a reason to be depressed.  It has nothing to do with the songs, and everything to do with stuff happening in real life.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evanescence - Good Enough

Well, being sad sure, but depressed, unless you are going to jail tonight meeshers I think you are fine, there are always worse things, and even one's bottom can be quite a bit higher than another's bottom.

I think its a sad song from the lyrics and the connotation, but then I also cry with Cold - Rain Song (for a similar reason).

"When You Look Me in the Eyes" by Jonas Brothers

Yeah, you really know how to make a girl feel better, Anox. ::)

I struggle with depression.  Not just a silly use of the word, but the real thing.  I was actually on medication for it a couple of years ago, but I quit when I started getting suicidal.  Yes, there are worse things than what I'm dealing with, but honestly I don't know that telling that to someone truly depressed would make them feel better--in fact, if it's true depression and not just self-pity, I would argue that it would just make the person feel like A) you didn't understand them and don't care how they feel, or B) like they're a terrible person for feeling so rotten when things could be so much worse.

But saying those things won't change the fact that someone is depressed.  You'd think if you know as much about psychology as you say you do, that you'd know that.  Attitude can go a long way toward fighting depression, if it's a good attitude, but one battle I face is finding a REASON to fix my attitude.  Why be optimistic or positive if my life is going to suck anyway?  What is there to live for for me to change my attitude?  My brain knows that life could be worse and I have it pretty good compared to some, but that doesn't make me feel any better.  It just makes me feel defective and like I'm just a sore on the face of the earth, and that if I died maybe people wouldn't have to deal with my bad attitude anymore.

A-ha - Take me On

Oh, well see that I didn't know. I would not be the one you'd be talking to do deal with clinical depression.  That would go to a psychraitrist and they can monitor and adjust the prescriptions if one is needed as they see fit.

Now Meeshers, you know my area of expertise lies with feelings when it comes to confusion about your sexual orientation, or gender identity, I doubt you have issues with that. (Other than basic when should I etc)  

What I said above should work if it strictly deals with feelings and not seratonin levels in the brain, amongst the melatonin and etc. It should make someone smile or giggle slightly, and that would be my goal, turn the temporary lack of seratonin around to a more drug induced state (aka euphoria) and that will cheer them up for the session and sometimes longer.

As for the reason to fix your attitude, that I would have to know more about you. :)

"What Happens (At the End)" by Remedy Drive

Now Meeshers, you know my area of expertise lies with feelings when it comes to confusion about your sexual orientation, or gender identity, I doubt you have issues with that. (Other than basic when should I etc) 

What I said above should work if it strictly deals with feelings and not seratonin levels in the brain, amongst the melatonin and etc. It should make someone smile or giggle slightly, and that would be my goal, turn the temporary lack of seratonin around to a more drug induced state (aka euphoria) and that will cheer them up for the session and sometimes longer.

I didn't actually know that was your area of expertise, but I do now. :D

And I don't know if I have a chemical imbalance or not, some people who are depressed can actually fight it just fine with attitude adjustment, because I guess if you have attitude issues it can mess up your life in a serious way.  I was raised to look at everything pessimistically and negatively...and my mom and I believe I have NLD, though I haven't made it back to be evaluated for that specifically yet, and one thing that most undiagnosed NLD people ARE diagnosed with is depression, because they struggle socially in a big way, and feel inferior to other people because they suck at things that everyone else does so easily.  Obviously it's not that straightforward usually, because if you KNEW that was why you were depressed it would be a lot easier to fix. :D

But anyway.  Yeah, if I find something to keep me happy, I can fight off being depressed most of the time, but as soon as that goes away it's like rock bottom. *shrugs*

And I suppose the "one's bottom can be higher than another's bottom" is kind of funny, though all that made me think of at first was "your feelings don't matter because someone else always feels worse than you!" :P :D

And by now, I'm listening to "Never Be the Same" by Red. :D