DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Next set of Lessons Atten: Thera

Rasheta had been working to remember how to restring a bow, sharpen her sword and the any number of other things Thera had taught her three days ago. She had tried to string anything from a needle to a rigged bow she had made in order to practice but that hadn't been as successful as she would have liked. She had come once to the practice yards once to use a bow and that had gone alright. She felt like she was never going to get to be as good as she would like but she was going to put as much as she could into learning and trying.

She came down to the training yards, and looked around again she had a vague notion of where to stand in order to be out of the way and she knew better then to speak randomly to people. She twisted around to look for Thera and when she found her she slowly and carefully made her way toward her. She waited some distance away till the Mistress of Trainees saw her and then she bowed her head and curtsied a little saying. "I am ready for whatever else you can teach me."

Thera was keeping one eye out for her newest trainee, a young Accepted destined for the Green. She had been told to simply meet her in the yards, and this morning they were bustling full. It seemed as if every name enrolled in her books was out as well as all the Warders and Tower Guards. The clatter of practice lathes drown out all other sound, even the shouts of instructors as they kept careful eyes on their students. Finally she saw the girl, picking her way carefully through the crowd. Turning back to her small gathering of trainee’s she excused herself to meet Rasheta.

“Good-day Accepted Rasheta. It is good that you are ready to learn.”

She turned and pushed her way through the crowds and around the track where trainee’s ran their laps. They entered into a stand of trees and came out a few feet later into a clearing filled with equipment. The loud bustle of the morning lessened to a low hum, and Thera turned to see Rasheta’s first reaction to the fitness course. The yard was filled with leather balls full of sand, and ropes hung from trees, with beams set about for practicing balance, and various other training implements.

“Today you will learn about basic fitness and how to properly condition yourself. But in order for me to help you I will need to asses your current fitness level.”

OOC: To asses your fitness level Thera will have to run 10 laps around the yard, do pushups, sits ups, and climb the rope. RP all of this out however you think your character would best be able to complete them.

“Today you will learn about basic fitness and how to properly condition yourself. But in order for me to help you I will need to asses your current fitness level.”

Rasheta looked at the course, she probably could complete it but it would be hard. She wasn't much of a runner, which amused some of the Aes Sedai in the tower, the climbing she could do easily. You didn't fetch water and carry lots of books and not develop a certain amount of arm strength. She knew the skirts she was wearing were going to get in the way of running and climbing though. She tilted her head to the side thinking how best she could get around that and then shrugged she would just have to pick them up or tie them out of her way she could do either. She would have preferred to wear something like the men wore but she was an accepted and not allowed to wear whatever she wanted. She already knew she would have to spend a great deal of time getting the dirt out of the dress she shrugged however and decided to do the running first.

Rasheta ran around the course a few times and tripped her skirts getting in the way. Annoyed she picked them up a little as she ran. Skirts were simply not the best for this she would have to go and ask if she could be allowed to wear something else. She was getting tired of the running around the seventh time around. She finished but was breathing hard when she was done. She knew she still had a lot more to do and she needed to get started but she needed to catch her breath first. So stood where she was a moment catching her breath and then went to the rope and climbed that as best she could. It was a little hard because she was still encumbered by her skirts as she had forgotten to tie them around her legs to better climb, and she was still tired from the run but it was simpler then running.

Next she did sit ups and push ups both were easier on her then the running had been, although the sit ups were harder for her then the push ups. She found that a bit odd but she put it down to the fact that her novice years were spent carrying heavy things so her muscles in her arms were a little better developed. When she was done she brushed some of her sweat soaked hair out of her eyes and looked at Thera and waited for whatever was to come next. 

Thera watched as the girl struggled through the course and the workouts she’d been set too.  Her arms were strong, but it would take time to develop her stomach and back muscles, both of which would be important with the weapons she chose.

“You have done well Rasheta, especially with the skirts impeding you. There is some work that you need to do, but that is common to all who come to train in the yards.” Picking up a water skin she tossed it to the Accepted, and motioned for her to walk along side her. “You never want to stop abruptly from a strenuous workout; you want to keep moving to allow your muscles time to cool down. It will help avoiding cramping and damage to your body.” She walked around the track until Rasheta’s face appeared less flushed and she was breathing easier. “In normal situations I would tell you not to push yourself so hard. You want to sweat, but make yourself breathless.”

“Tell me do you do anything now to stay in shape? Do you have a fitness routine?”

OOC: Explain what you have done to get in shape, if you have done nothing that’s okay too. Just tell her about your daily schedule

Rasheta listened to Thera closely and when she was allowed to drink some water she did gratefully, she did have enough presence of mind not to gulp the water and try and even her breathing. There wasn't a lot she knew about fitness but she did know that much. Thera continued speaking telling her never to just stop but to cool herself down that way she wouldn't injure herself. She walked listening to Thera for a bit and then Thera asked her

“Tell me do you do anything now to stay in shape? Do you have a fitness routine?”

Rasheta shook her head "Only what I have to do to keep up with my studies. As a novice I was expected to run and fetch, do chores and carry lots of books." She shrugged adding. "The reason I am able to climb the rope easily I carry to many books. I run to my classes with the sisters and that's about all I can do daily." She shook her head. "I have a little more time now to do whatever I want but I have only just been granted time to come and see to keeping myself in shape. I will be a sister of the Green someday." She added to herself.

"I must push myself harder I know." She tilted her head to the side and asked curiously. "What should I be doing daily?"