DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Ludmian

I wonder if anybody here watched the first semi-final of Eurovision song contest yesterday. Any opinions on it?

As for the show itself, it was excellent. Russia's Channel one did their best. The fire bird was awesome. Though I'm really sick and tired of its host Andrey Malakhov. Couldn't they have chosen anybody else? On the other hand, the people whose task was to comment the show as it was aired for Belarus didn't let us hear much of what Andrey Malakhov was saying.

As for the participants, Most of the songs on Eurovision are meh. Imho, the most interesting part of Eurovision is when the points are announced. I might have liked some of the performances better than others as I was watching, but now I can't single out any country in yesterday's semi-final  that would deserve to be in the final more than others.

My country (Belarus) did not make it to the final again. Just like all the previous times, except, I guess, one time a couple of years ago. Petr Elfimov was better than I expected from him (I really didn't have much hope in him), but, as we can see, not good enough to make people vote for him. The fact that we didn't have any neighbours to vote for us in the semi-final did not help either.

A paradox: Belarus usually does well at children's Eurovision, but fails at the regular one.  ???

End of rambling (for now).

For some good discussion on this, you might visit the Band of the Red hand, I believe Corki has quite a bit of stuff going on regarding Eurovision.

That said, this thread isn't out of place here either, just thought you might want to check that out.

Do pop by the Band of the Red Hand - it's Eurovision Month over there. I have got several threads up, which will interest you, including my views from last night's semi-final. Other activities include "It's A Knockout", where the winners of the past shows go head-to-head as we find the overall winner.

There were some good songs and performances last night. Though how on earth Armenia got through is a mystery to me.

I'm just hoping that the fact that Jade is going 23rd on Saturday night will be a big help as the UK goes for the greatest upset in many a year - and winning!

Archived