DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who are Mat's Aes Sedai?

Eleint

Who are the two Aes Sedai Mat is weighing in Egwene's Dream?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the two Aes Sedai Mat is weighing in Egwene's Dream?

• Cadsuane and Moiraine
    • Egwene and Elaida
    • Joline and Teslyn
    • Moiraine and Verin
    • Other

Semirhage might also have the issue with loss of agelessness. After all, people who had known Siuan and Leane for decades failed to recognise them at first, Semirhage spent quite a bit less time with Cabriana. And something tells me Semi is more interested in what people look like on the inside than on the outside...

Or, she did recognise the body, but following the trend in the books decided to not share that information with anyone.

Semirhage might also have the issue with loss of agelessness. After all, people who had known Siuan and Leane for decades failed to recognise them at first, Semirhage spent quite a bit less time with Cabriana. And something tells me Semi is more interested in what people look like on the inside than on the outside...

Or, she did recognise the body, but following the trend in the books decided to not share that information with anyone.

The second option strikes me as more likely.  Semirhage would have been very well versed in the effects of binders, seeing as how she was threatened with being bound herself.  And, assuming Cabriana's body was stripped of the its memory and soul under Semirhage's tender ministrations, she may well have had a front row seat to the disappearance of the "agelessness".

That's what I mean RAW, this AS isn't just some newly raised AS but someone that was established and away from the tower.

Are you talking about Mesaana, Shard, or Cyndane?

Mesaana is not in a new body.  So, she has nothing to do with Cabriana Mecandes.  Mesaana is disguising her presence with inverted weaves.  We don't actually know with 100% certainty who she is impersonating, but the most likely candidate seems to be Danelle Sedai.  Danelle is a relatively young sister, who, as far as we know, has always been in the Tower since she had the ring.  But despite being in the Tower, she does not have many friends, because of her absent-minded "dreamy" personality.  So, Danelle is a relatively new Sister, sort of established but not away from the Tower.

Cabriana Mecandes was a well established Aes Sedai, and was away from the Tower, but she has nothing to do with Mesaana.  She is a candidate for the replacement body now inhabited by Cyndane, the Forsaken formerly known as Lanfear.

I'm not 100% sure what your question/comment was referring to, so if I missed it, let me know and I'll try to be clearer.

Messanna, I believe if she is Danella that this isn't just some new AS but one that had been established as an existing AS and left the Tower. I didn't think she was a new sister though and I wasn't saying that Messana was in Cabrina's body only that she killed an AS that was away from the Tower that people had forgotten what she even looked like and so took her place just saying she was that AS.

Given the Tower's current way of recruiting Danella sounds like she should have been with the Tower for several decades if Eggy, Nyn and Elyane's rocketing promotions is extremely unusual and even controversal. Also considering that Messana doesn't want to draw attention to herself I don't think she'd infiltrate the Tower as some newly recruited Novice to Accepted and finally Shawled. I mean wasn't she even a sitter to even be able to help take Siuan from Amyrlin seat.

Please forgive my horrible grammer and spelling tonight.

Danelle is described as young. not new. There is a difference.

Well, I did say relatively new ... which is not a horrible assumption given that we do know she is actually young, rather than merely ageless.

Messanna, I believe if she is Danella that this isn't just some new AS but one that had been established as an existing AS and left the Tower. I didn't think she was a new sister though and I wasn't saying that Messana was in Cabrina's body only that she killed an AS that was away from the Tower that people had forgotten what she even looked like and so took her place just saying she was that AS.

Given the Tower's current way of recruiting Danella sounds like she should have been with the Tower for several decades if Eggy, Nyn and Elyane's rocketing promotions is extremely unusual and even controversal. Also considering that Messana doesn't want to draw attention to herself I don't think she'd infiltrate the Tower as some newly recruited Novice to Accepted and finally Shawled. I mean wasn't she even a sitter to even be able to help take Siuan from Amyrlin seat.

Danelle is not a Sitter (pre or post split), however, she was directly involved in Elaida's takeover of the Tower.  She was obscure before her involvement in that takeover, and has since had receded into obscurity once more.

To me, it seems like Mesaana chose Danelle because she was young and obscure, but already a full Sister.  Not prominent enough to draw attention, but respectable enough to get involved, if she had to take a direct hand.  And, she didn't have any close friends who might notice very slight changes in behavior.

And we don't actually know if she has left the Tower or not.  That, too, is an assumption that I make, but it seems like a reasonable one given her personality and relative youth.

Again, these are not established facts (except that Danelle is not a Sitter); we have almost none regarding Danelle.  These are very much just my opinion.

And that she becomes a member of Elaidas council after the coup might be very much a reward for bringing in the soldiers disguised as masons.

Or she might have brought in the soldiers disguised as masons because she is Mesaana and was planning the coup all along.    ;)

Archived