DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light - The Plot

Luckers

I think the dream is symbolic. i dont think she'll actually be at risk of getting beheaded, but at risk from something else, that gawyn will save her fom. and that thing about her not having sworn the oaths was in her accepted testing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a Dream. Egwene experienced that moment with her Keeper (Bonwhin?) during her third Arch. Also this was an instance that alluded to the circle of 13 turning someone to the dark.

It might be a good twist if Morraine, Verin, ore even Cadsuane was turned with a circle of 13...

I can't believe that Verin would be black, it's just too simple to fit. I think she is serving the role of misunderstood Saviour in that regard. She deduced that he was going to be born seventy years ago and has been working at her plan since then. Verin is the shiznit!

NEway, obviously the Dream that she Egwene did have about the Ravens and the Lamp shows us that the Seanchan, and more specifically Tuon will rescue her when it seems like she has lost/is losing the White Tower and they will rock the very core of the Tower with their passing (ie. the Amyrlin Seat, Flame of Tar Valon)

Padan Fain might meet up very shortly with Galad, knowing his propensity for meeting out justice within the Children...

I think that dream was just about rand walling himself off from people.
I have to concur with that as well. I have always felt it was about Rand isolating himself from others.

yeah, but I think it also alludes to how he feels threatened by Egwenes new AS loyalties/attitudes.

J

I think that there will be something we almost certainly won't expect happening. It would't be fun without it.

My Theory on what'll happen is't too diffrent from what your saying. But I think your leaving stuff out. I think that Tuon and Rand will meet and there'll be a big stand off. A battle of the ego's. I think is that Rand finding out that Mat of all people is married to the leader of the people that they have all though as enemy will create a big crack in his wall. Of couse that's assuming Min, won't see it in her aura. And Tuon finding out the Semihage was one of her advisors? Yikes. There will be a lot a confrontations, and a lot of ego's shall be punctured. :D Can't wait.

Well, here are a few of my predictions for the end of the series and for events that happened in the series.

1. I dont remember wich book it was, but when Rand was in Shadar Logoth, the strange man whose baelfire crossed his- i think that man is the Creator.

Before you all have heart attacks and start raining fire on me, here is my evidence: Rand couldnt sense him holding the power, so it is possible that the creator (like the dark one and the power that he lets the Chosen use for a time) has his own source of power like Saidin/Saidar and used this to make the baelfire. also, he says that he has "plans" for rand. Well i think thgat the creator would certianly have plans for him.

2. This is my second idea/concept. That the dark one will not be sealed away again like all of the other times--i think the dark one will be destroyed. I also think that before he dies, we will break the wheel of time, allowing for a new future (this part i am not as sure about though) Here is my evidence:

firstly, the DO himself has said that even he is not immune to balefire and cannot bring back what was destroyed by it.

Secondly, it was mentioned in the series that as long as the DO is sealed in one of the many alternate world he is not completly free and as long as he is free in one of the worlds, he is not completly sealed. the only way to curcimvent this would be to kill the dark one with baelfire WITHIN tel'aranrihod--the unseen world. as he exists outside of the pattern and one entity meddling within all of the worlds, if you killed him in the dreaming world, you kill him in all of them.

Also something i would like to See/Discuss is the fact that now that the male half of the power is not tainted, this should advent a reunification of Aes'sedai and Ash'man. In fact, Aes'Sedai did orriginally include males.

I belive that by the end (if he suvives) Logain will become the head of the black tower (if the black tower survives) DUH....

So what does everyone else think about it?

About point one, its pretty much certain now that that man was Moridin. The man fits moridins physical description. The stuff he says, about not being afraid of Aes Sedai and his disregaurd for bothe Rand and Sammael fits Moridins opinion perfectly, the reason that Rand couldn't sense him channel was because he was using the true power, and finally Rand's mental connection, and subsequent thoughts on the man in KoD pretty much proves it.

Point 2 - The dark One did not say that he is not immune to balefire, just that he cannot counteract its effects on his minnions. That being said it may be possible, though i suspect it would take a monumental ammount of Balefire to destroy a creature as large as the dark one... additionally, where does one aim it, what with him being incoporial. Also the exact quote was that if he is imprisioned in one world, he is imprisoned in all, if he is freed in one he is freed in all. This is the paradox of the Dark One, for he is chaos incarnate... or something like that. Of course, that could just be Verin rambling... you never know when to take something a character in RJ's world seriously. Especially not Aes Sedai or Forsaken.

Finally, i do not see the asha'men and Aes Sedai rejoining, though they will establish some sort of connection. As will most the other channeling guilds in the world, it seems. The Aes Sedai are too fractured, and too caught up in their own blindnesses and misconceptions to unite anyone... or even come close.

It seems Logain will indeed be head of the Black Tower though.

Archived