DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Past Time To Leave (Finally Free Part 2)...((Attn: Kabria)

Sieve

Senseless death, even of an admitted darkfriend made Kabria’s blood boil. Laying out the woman flat she threw a sheet over the body and went in search of a back way out of the house. From the intensity in the body she knew that Perivar would need her.

In the back corner of the kitchen was a rough wooden door that led to an alley that ran between the houses. Filled with Saidar she stepped gingerly down into the mud and crept along the wall towards the street. She could see shadow’s moving and hear angry shouts and then there was the sickening snap of bow strings as arrows were loosed. Picking up her skirts she moved fast until she saw the street come into sight. The woman facing Perivar must be what was causing his uncertainty and struggle, being raised as he was he couldn’t like the idea of having to kill a female; even if she had a quarterstaff aimed at his head. Lashing out forcefully with air she wrapped the woman up tight enough to make breathing a chore. It was a small punishment for thinking to harm her warder. She didn’t think the handless man could cause many problems, but she wrapped him with air as well.

"He took poison, I've heard of darkfriends doing so.  A dead man cannot betray his master.  A master that is powerful enough to make his subjects believe that death is better than the punishment they would receive."   Perivar shook his head in frustration and disgust.  "The other bowman got away.  I can track him but it may take days to catch him."

Laying a hand on his arm she quickly delved him and washed away his fatigue. “Even if you could catch him, I do not think he would talk. I can only guess that these others had orders to take poison as well.” Careless of the blood that soaked into her hem or the spray that marred her bodice she knelt down next to the handless man and new skin crept slowly across his wound. Leaving a fresh pink stump where his hand had been. “I should have let you die for the transgression you’ve made in this life, but perhaps in the future you will think back on the kindness I’ve shown and repent your sins.” Digging into his pants pocket she found the smaller stoppered vile of poison and threw it well away from them in the street. It hissed as the liquid spilled out on the paving stones. “Search the girl; I am sure you will find the same on her.” Quickly a second vile joined the first and Kabria shook her head. Unbinding the girls legs she gave her a shove towards the house, doing the same with the man. Once they were both inside and bound by more traditional methods of rope and twine Kabria turned her focus back to Perivar.

“We cannot stay here, it is obvious they know we are on to them, but I cannot leave this town to boil in its own juices. We will have to search out our answer’s elsewhere and only hope we are not too late.” The lack of regret or pity in their prisoner’s eyes said that they would not be as willing to talk as the old woman had been. By law they should be arrested and tried, but none in this town would hear their case. If she was to do what was just they should both hang for their crimes, and yet she did not think she could be the one to ‘tighten the noose’. “We’ll leave them here to be gathered up when we have time.” Shutting the door to the house she wove a barrier around all the windows and doors and tied it off. With time it would fade, but for now they were held as surely as a rat in a trap.

“We can try and ride for Fal Moran and hope we are not taken by surprise, or we can find a place close to this town to hide until the problem can be solved. Either way a decision must be made quickly because we are not alone in these streets.” With Saidar filling her Kabria could see shadow’s moving slightly in the alley’s and hear the panting of frightened. I do not think they want to kill us, not after seeing their companions put down, but whatever binds them wants to make sure we are gone bad enough to risk losing half their people in the attempt.

Mounting Blade she circled him slowly trying to keep an eye on all the alley's and watch the street above and below."I am reminded of Aridhol, but what about a small Borderland town could be as imporatnt as one of the great nations?"Unless it's proximity to the capital could provide the Shadow some advantage. In Aridhol it had been one man who corrupted the entire city, the same could be true here, or one Sister could do the work as easily.

“We can try and ride for Fal Moran and hope we are not taken by surprise, or we can find a place close to this town to hide until the problem can be solved. Either way a decision must be made quickly because we are not alone in these streets.” In the void Perivar could feel the presence of others.  One arrow was all it would take.  He scanned the area as Kabria continued to speak.  "I do not think they want to kill us, not after seeing their companions put down, but whatever binds them wants to make sure we are gone bad enough to risk losing half their people in the attempt."

Perivar mounted NightDancer as Kabria circled with blade so she could keep an eye on their surroundings.  "I am reminded of Aridhol, but what about a small Borderland town could be as important as one of the great nations?"  Why did the name Aridhol stick out in his mind?  He could recall his tutor mentioning the name and its significance but right now he could not bring it to mind. 

"Fal Moran then, less chance that such a city has been corrupted."  He and Kabria booted their mounts into action.  Perivar kept a wary eye on their surroundings as he thought of how he could convince Kabria to request aid from Tar Valon.