DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Submitting to the Rhyagelle

DhaiMon

Well...hey there people,

These past few days, I've had this thought buzzing around in my head to create a minor Taraboner nobleman entering the service of the Emperor- as far as I understood, the Seanchan empire has a male on the illuminated, sacred Crystal Throne in this RP-board, no? -, may he live forever. I hope I won't blunder too badly when it comes to his exposition that makes the prospect of doing this the most "favorable" option to him. However, before I proceed to put it down on paper only to realize that it's so much non-sense, I had a few questions:

1. I've read this  thread so that I more or less have the outline of events right...what I wanted to ask, is the meaning of the following:

Proof of the Seanchan return has truly galvanised the nation into action, the merchant houses setting aside most of their politics in favour of danger posed by the enemy that once overran them.

and

Working in tandem with the forces under the command of Darian Tiandar, the combined force continually frustrates the Seanchan advance.

About the first quote...is my guess correct that before their "return", the Seanchan received a sound slap into their face in similar fashion to what happens at Falme in The Great Hunt? Only here, they are driven into the sea in Arad Doman?

Then, the latter: How exactly do they frustrate the Seanchan advance? Military genius as seen in the book with Ituralde, or before or during this, additional support by either the White Tower or the Asha'man to overpower the Seanchan's damane, the latter of which would be similar to al'Thor's campaign in The Path of Daggers?

Were that the case that al'Tanin had done a similar deft move against the Return and beat them bloody, would the Seanchan forces be in completely disordered retreat for a time at least?

2. Another thing: What exactly had been the prelude to the Seanchan's taking over shop in Tarabon? Was Tarabon ravaged by civil war? If it wasn't, I'd guess that the population would likely be rather indifferent to their new rulers, similar to what's described in The Great Hunt about the Seanchan occupation of Falme. If the latter is true, then the Taraboner's loyalty would be a given, right?

If the second would be the case...would there be room for resistance? I am not set whether I would go into that in any great detail, but for either the biography or the introduction of the character, it might be something to consider.

3. and last: I had in mind for "my" nobleman to get "recruited" to the Seanchan's cause while he is on his way home...it would involve him coming to the aid of some Seanchan ambushed by brigands, or rebels, or even skirmishers from Almoth Plain/Arad Doman. What tips him into assisting them, you'd wonder? I thought about the Seanchan including a sul'dam with damane, which he at first mistakes for Aes Sedai...Would that work, and would there be anyone interested in participating in such an intro?

I hope all this is decipherable to some degree, and would be glad for any input, comments etc.

Cheers

The way i read it, Tarabom and Arad Doman are always having disputes, minor skirmishes and the occasional war over who gets control of Almoth. The Taraboners that are mentioned joining the Seanchan forces are those that see them as allies against the Domani. The Domani, not the Seanchan, are 'the enemy that once overran them'.

Then there's another faction in Tarabon that sees the Seanchan as invaders, and ally with Rand's forces in an attempt to drive them off again like what happened in Falme. These people would be the ones 'frustrating the Seanchan advance' through sabotage and other low profile acts.

Just my two cents, of course...

The Domani, not the Seanchan, are 'the enemy that once overran them'.

I take it you mean Taraboners by that. ;)

I'd be interested, though: What would this previous war be called where Tarabon rolled into Arad Doman? Is it officially named here somewhere? Else, I might construct something out of that, if I may.  :D

Then there's another faction in Tarabon that sees the Seanchan as invaders, and ally with Rand's forces in an attempt to drive them off again like what happened in Falme.

Guess it won't be that dramatic, short of the equivalent of Mat here blowing the Horn in order to do that, or al'Tanin bringing down all the might of the nations sworn to him on the Seanchan...

More to the point, this means a nice rebellion going on in Tarabon. I'll take that into account. Thanks for enlightening me there. :)

Now, if the RP-admins do not mind this interpretation of events too much, I'd still have my other question left unanswered: Would anyone be interested in taking part in the introduction-thread of the character once his biography is approved, someone of the Seanchan, for example? I could of course include that in the bio already, but I just think it would be more fun to do it the other way.

Cheers.

The Domani, not the Seanchan, are 'the enemy that once overran them'.

I take it you mean Taraboners by that. ;)

I'd be interested, though: What would this previous war be called where Tarabon rolled into Arad Doman? Is it officially named here somewhere? Else, I might construct something out of that, if I may.  :D

Actually, i did mean Domani, as the Taraboners would be the 'them' that were being overrun. They can't overrun themselves after all ;)

The Books mentioned that Arad Doman and Tarabon have fought several wars over Almoth Plain, neither side really being able to hold onto the territory. Enough to see each other as mortal enemies, anyway. Correct me if i'm wrong, but during the Seanchan invasion i believe Tarabon and Arad Doman were at war again. With the Taraboner military now attacked on the flank, i can see the Domani wanting to cash in on that opportunity.

As for the resistance... There are several vilage-sized scorch marks that should tell you just how active that resistance is. They'd pretend to be loyal to the Empire, and in the meantime work to sabotage it where they are able (fires, the occasional 'accident'), but overall it's a 'stay out of sight or die' thing so that's the spymasters' ballgame there.

My two cents once more...

As for your intro thread, i happen to have a Seanchan sul'dam, actually. No damane assigned yet, so that should explain why she wouldn't mop up the brigands herself, but she's nice enough not to have you killed out of general principle. ;D

the return is happening, it has not happened, and they havent landed yet

i'd pm Quisalas the freelander DL to get some help on figuring out the differences in the psw to the books, i know that we got a female Dot9M

i am sure there is an outline somewhere of how the landing will go down, which would affect how the people there would see it

the return is happening, it has not happened, and they havent landed yet

i'd pm Quisalas the freelander DL to get some help on figuring out the differences in the psw to the books, i know that we got a female Dot9M

i am sure there is an outline somewhere of how the landing will go down, which would affect how the people there would see it

Ah, alright. Guess things will have to be anti-chronological then for it to work at all...

...or else, I'll leave it on standby until the Return has officially begun, if that's more convenient.

Thanks for the important input.