DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Recap Week 9

Emperor

Hi guys.  Figured I would post this weeks update as I know everyone is on their toes waiting for an update.  On their toes... that makes no sense to me...

Should I get to the game you all care about... Justen vs. Empy or wait....

Yeah... wait is what I thought too.

Empy's Bro vs. Seggie - Poor poor Seggie.  I thought this team looked so promising at the beginning of the year but the boy can't catch a break. It is extremely hard to win when both your starting RBs are hurt or nonexistant on their team.  That would be the case fo Warrick Dunn and McFadden.  Sitting the returning Willie Parker and Boldin really hurt this week.  I would really suggest putting them back in the line up.  I don't think Seggie is going to be a contendar until Romo comes back though.  My bro smacks Seggie around 117 to 44.  At least Seggie didn't score the lowest team points this week. (JD, Empy, and Boyo all picked this correctly)

F Horn vs. Hax - Thank goodness for MNF and the dominant D from the Steelers as this decided the fate of the game in favor or F Horn.  It also helps that Cincy stepped up and won their first game as well. Hax did everything right but could not contend with the perfect storm that was Horn's team this week.  Final:  109 to 98 (F Horn picked this correctly while Hax, Empy, JD and Boyo were all caught with their pants down)

Kynwric vs. Boyo - The battle of the titans, well the top teams in our league at least.  Boyo continues to ride the beast that is Kurt Warner to victory each week while Kynwric just has a team that puts up points all around.  In the end Boyo took the honors and kept his first place standings.  Final : 113 to 91 (Justen, Empy, and Boyo all chose correctly)

Empy vs. JD - The battle to stay alive for a playoff spot.  Both teams looked strong coming into this game with maybe Empy being a slight favorite.  In the end, JD posted the lowest team score of the week.  I don't even know what happened.  Oh, he didn't have any running backs that actually played.  Yeah that will do it. Final: 77 to 34 (Empy and Boyo chose correctly while Diablos was just plain wrong)

Sham vs. Corki - It is really hard to win a game when 3 of your players post a goose egg and Sham will wake up one day and realize that maybe playing all Chiefs is not the best strategy.  However, I am sure at some point Seggie must have been sweating... especially when the Chiefs had such a big lead over the Bucs.  In the end, Corki took home the victory (like the Bucs).  Final:  111 to 70 (JD, Empy, Boyo and Corki all chose correctly)

Game of the Week:

Paityr vs. Karana - That Braylon Edwards trade seems to be really working out for Karana.  Unfortunately both her RBs decided to take it easy and not rack up any points.  In the end Pait edged out Karana even without a defense playing (ouch).  Final: 97 to 81.  (Pait chose this game correctly while Emp and Boyo were wrong)

Standings:

8-1

Boyo

7-2

Kynwric

Empy's Bro

Paityr

5-4

Empy

4-5

Karana

Corki

JD

3-6

F Horn

2-7

Hax

Sham

1-8

Seggie

Next Week's Matchups:

Empy vs. Sham - You never know, but I really got to go with myself in this game.

Kynwric vs. Pait - I am giving the edge to Kynwric cause he has Steve Smith on his team.  But this could be next week's Game of the week.

Seggie vs. JD - JD.  Cowboys are on a bye.

Hax vs. Boyo - This is usually the point where Boyo bites the dust and loses the season... but I still think he has this game.

Karana vs. Empy's Bro - My bro is a strong contender to win the whole thing. 

F Horn vs. Corki - Even thought Corki is favored, I am going with Horn on this one.

I have this grand plan to replace my entire starting roster with new players each day to win in the 'Chanbowl. 

Yeah... still salty... mainly cause Yahoo reminds me everytime I check Football cause they leave up the Fantasy Baseball stuff. *g*

Archived