DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Basketball

Justen Diablos

Apparantly the 'Chan don't have a fantasy basketball league, so the Team Diablos was forced to take it's act on the road into a dirty community league at Yahoo (I mean really people, I could pick up some sort of virus or something).  Anywhoo I just participated in my league's LIVE draft (which is how all fantasy league's should be conducted (auto-draft is a copout and doesn't make for a true fantasy league...Emp.)

Here's my team. 

Chris Paul (I had the first pick in our twelve team league)

Carmelo Anthony (had to rep the Cuse for the 24th pick)

Pau Gasol (at 25)

Michael Redd (48)

LaMarcus Aldridge (49)

Tony Parker (72)

Andrei Kirilenko (73)

O.J. Mayo (Yes I was excited about the rookie Mayo enough to rock the 96 pick)

Joakim Noah (Weak 97 pick looking back)

Grant Hill (I had my eye on Teyshaun Prince until he got taken one pick in front of me, I was so disgusted that I ignored the comp for a minute and texted cads because she soothes me. I then autopicked Grant Hill at 120 *shrugs* I mean he could be good)

Hakim Warrick (Once again Reppin' the Cuse at 121)

Andres Nocioni (144)

Ben Wallace (145)

Well I had to have Anthony because he's my boy (got him).  First pick of the draft with Paul was exciting.  I'm psyched about OJ Mayo.  And I like my last two picks for value.  My team is fairly solid comparatively, though really I've never done the whole fantasy basketball thing so we'll have to see how it goes.  I'll probably just plug in a lineup and not check on em ever (like Pait does in fantasy football).  If there is a 'Chan basketball league...let me in.  If not I'd be willing to start one if anyone is actually interested. 

What we need is a fantasy socce *ahem* football league.  Like real football.  Where's Maj?

JD,

Fantastical

Points.

1. I totally missed the mention of me at first because I mostly just skimmed through that list due to the fact that I don't really know anything about basketball. I watched the finals in 2002 (I think) when the Kings played the Lakers, because I was in Davis and Davis is Kings territory (although the apartment next to mine were Lakers fans, so with the windows open we'd hear the alternate cheering when the Lakers did something good), but I don't think I've watched a single game since then.

2. I think I've heard of Grant Hill. I think. It's vaguely familiar. Didn't he do ads for McDonalds or something, years ago?

-kt

Limited to two points since September or October of '08

The great thing about a live draft is that you can set up auto-pick just like an autopick draft, in fact five teams did so in our basketball draft, but for people who enjoy fantasy draft day more than the actual season (like myself) you can show up and pick your own team, making adjustments and such as you watch picks go off the board.  I already like my Basketball team more than my football team, because I drafted them.  You could theoretically make an entire draft board for a fantasy football autopick draft to do exactly what you would do, but that would take a couple hours of boredom (maybe more), and I wasn't down for that and I've detested my entire team in our football league since day one. 

JD,

obsessed with fantasy sports since '03

Oh and Yahoo does a Priemier League soccer fantasy league.  Anyone? anyone? *g* For next year that is, apparantly they're in week eleven already.

Yeah but I would end up hating my team if there was a live draft and I wasn't able to attend it live.  I would keep saying "I wouldn't have taken him, him, him, or him, but i would have taken him, him, him, and him" and so on and so forth bla bla bla yackity smackity.

Archived