DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I am here to grace you with my presence! [ATTN MoT]

Tigara

Look at that ape hold a sword. That's not how you do it. I should show him a thing or two about that. And look at him! He's getting creamed. I could have beaten that guy. And look at her stance. It's all wrong. I hope they don't go teaching me all this garbage. I want them to teach me right. Maybe I'll just take over and teach them myself.

Talim sauntered through the dusty Warders Yard, picking up her silk shirts so they don't drag. Her light brown was done up and held with two smooth, ornate sticks and she was wearing several jeweled necklaces, bracelets, and rings. Did she consider this appropriate attire for going to join the Warders? Indeed! On a normal occasion, she would have dressed up.

After asking directions thrice, she found her way to the Mistress of Trainee's office. She gave it a single firm knock and waited for the response. Had anyone been close enough, she would have dragged them over so they could announce her before going in. Alas, she would have to do it herself. What was this world coming to?

Talim Mishadake

Leaning down to catch her toes in her hands Thera closed her eyes and tried to focus on the stretch. It had been a long few weeks, but after taking some time off for a vacation she was ready to get back to work and to her kids. A tinge of regret stabbed at her heart, but she tucked it away. There would be time to grieve again once her duties were done. Standing up to see Jasine staring at her bum Thera picked up a pillow off the bed and tossed it his way. After a few more smiles and kisses she made it out the door of their tidy house and across the path to her office. Opening the door she smiled to everything Justas she’d left it. Papers were stacked haphazardly on her desk, and there was another growing pile on the floor next to her desk. Had she really been gone so long as that?

Without looking she tossed her coat on the rack and walked over to her side table to pour water. Thera made a slow circuit of her office, touching this and that, readjusting the few things that had been disturbed during its last cleaning. Wiping the dust off her fingers she saw that it had been since before she left since anything had even a lick of a rag. Sitting down at her desk that was the first note she wrote, requesting some one to clean her office. Likely it would be a Novice or Accepted that she would have to keep a constant eye to make sure she didn’t cut her hand off with one of the many weapons around the room, but…beggars could not be choosers.

No sooner than she picked up a second sheet was there a solitary knock on her door. It seemed that it would begin early today. “Come” she bellowed in her usual brisk tone. What walked through the door was the last thing she expected and likely the last thing she needed. Brushing a few red curls from her face Thera glanced twice at the child before she could speak without laughing. “Pardon me child but are you sure you were not looking for the Mistress of Novices?” The girl would have to be quite dense to make such a mistake, but it seemed the best place to start. Who in there right mind would come to enlist as a Trainee dressed like that?!

• 2 weeks later...

Irritation streaked Talim's face as the woman behind the desk spoke before she could properly announce herself. How dare that woman? It was just plain rude to speak before someone of her stature could be properly announced.

“Pardon me child but are you sure you were not looking for the Mistress of Novices?”

She gave a very cool stare at the woman and replied with an icy tone. "I do not think the Mistress of Novices would like to see me." So maybe she had made a small scene last time she had gone for a testing. Obviously, this secretary with the shabby red hair did not know the events in the White Tower. "I am Talim Mishadake. I am here to enlist with your so-called Warders." She spoke with enough arrogance that she could have been mistaken for any Aes Sedai. She just lacked the ageless face....and the ability to channel, but one mustn't mention that to her.

Thera did not move, or even breathe, she simply quirked an eyebrow and stared at the over dressed, insolent young women before her. This would not be the first time someone had tried to run rough-shod over Thera, and like every other time before the child would be put in her place, or sent away crying.

Silence was a powerful tool to have in your arsenal, and she always preferred to begin with it; leaving the yelling for more dire situations. For well over a minute she only looked at the child, her caramel colored eyes glittering with death.

Calmly and with her face in a perfect mask of serenity besides her eyesThera stood up, walked around her desk, and stood in front of the young woman. Again she was silent.... meeting Talim’s haughty stare with complete calm. Then quick as a viper she reached up and latched on the child’s ear, dragging her across the room to one of the hard wooden chairs in front of her desk. Shoving more than letting go she pushed the girl to sit before slowly regaining her own seat. All of this transpired with no emotion coming from Thera, and not a sound except for the girls protests.

“Now that you have decided to take your seat and be a good little girl, we can begin again.” She could see the words trying to burst from Talim’s mouth, but her fierce gaze held the child’s tongue. “I am Thera Trakelyn, Mistress of Trainee’s and that means if you want to join my so-called Warders you and I had better learn to get along, or I will make your life miserable indeed. So… begin again please.” Leaning forward on her elbows she locked eyes with the new recruit and waited.

Thera Trakelyn

In no mood for this

• 2 months later...

Talim eyed Thera as she gazed into her skull. Light, this woman is a creeper! She resembled a banshee as the redhaired beast dug her claws into her delicate, perfectly shaped lobe and drug her over to a hard, unforgiving chair where her bottom would be severly discomforted. Whines and groans abounded as she massaged her ear with some ointment she had with her.

“Now that you have decided to take your seat and be a good little girl, we can begin again.”

Talim's head jerked and her eyes popped, focused on this haughty woman. The nerve of her! She opened her mouth to protest, but the demoness cut her off. She gave quite a sterm speil and then perked on her elbows, waiting for her to respond. Most definitly a creeper.

"Very well. My name is Talim Mishadake. I'm here to join the Warders. Will you need any other information, or perhaps some sort of enrollment fee?"

Talim Mishadake

Thera's new best friend

For a moment the idea seemed grand and Thera called herself a fool for never thinking of it before. Charge them!! Charge the insolent fools who wanted to learn for their own selfish reasons.But, As always with Thera duty and propriety won.

“There is no fee required to train in my yards, unless of course you wish to count the interview with me, but then that is really more of a blessing and a gift.” She smiled wickedly at the child and reached down into her desk to pull out the roster. “I have a question for you Talim, what is a woman so obviously..delicate..” she filled the word with scorn and amusement "..and frail doing in the Warders yard talking of weapons and killing? Surely you can hire a man or a fighting woman to provide any protection you need, though if you intent to stay in Tar Valon you’ll not need either. Our streets or safe enough for a babe.”

Talim grimaced at the question. She hated that she couldn't channel and she knew she couldn't lie about it now. he face had given far too much away. She sighed before she slowly explained. "I...wanted to be an Aes Sedai, but appearantly...I can't. I decided that since I couldn't be one...being a Warder to one would be the next best option."

“Heh..well I suppose everyone had their own reasons”

The child wouldn’t last a week! She was far to pampered and prim, Still it could be fun to watch her try.

“Well, I have never been known to say no to lady.” Thera’s tone held a hint of mocking. “So I suppose I must let you try, lest I feel the need to break that cycle.” Signing the child’s name in the book she sanded the page and tucked the book way before she spoke. “I am hoping you have some other clothes than that? I do not think your..outfit..will do for calisthenics or working the forms.”

• 4 weeks later...

“I am hoping you have some other clothes than that? I do not think your..outfit..will do for calisthenics or working the forms.”

Talim blinked. "You mean that this is not suitable? This is my worse dress! What kind of clothes do you want me to get? I can have something made for me by the end of the morning." She was still in shock that she needed something worse than what she was wearing. Could it be that she would have to wear...breeches and a coat...like some man? She shuddered at the thought.

Still barely hiding her smirk Thera shook her head. "You will need clothes that allow freedom of movement. Pants and coats such as what I am wearing are best, but if a lady such as yourself cannot bear the thought.. thin divided skirts and shirts with narrow sleeve will do."

"I do also have uniforms here that we may be able to alter for you. The choice is yours."

Talim gave off a small sigh of relief. She didn't have to wear man clothes after all. She cringed to think of how uncomfortable breeches would be. A coat wouldn't be horrible. She wore many coats overtop of other dresses.

"If you have any divided skirts, I'll use those along with a coat." She said as smoothly as she could, trying not to give away too much of her feelings of relief in her voice. Still rying to be an Aes Sedai, and she didn't even realize it.