spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

The three of them had the horn in the world beyond the portal stone.

But, they didn't encounter trollocs or seanchan there...just grolm.

No, they used the Portal Stone world to get ahead of Fain, came out into the real world and waited for several days near Kinslayer's Dagger, then snuck into the camp that they only saw because they were in front of it as the fire in the camp was hidden from the people Fain assumed were behind his group. Seleane opened the case back at Rand's camp, reached for the Horn and Rand got it first. He then put it back with Mat's dagger in the bell and shut up the case.

They're all pretty lame, to be honest. Path of Daggers is probably the best of a bad bunch, and Dragon Reborn is okay. Knife of Dreams is utterly hideous, one of the worst covers for a fantasy novel ever published I think I can honestly say (Tor's Malazan covers excepted, of course).

After Winter's Heart, the UK publishers abandoned the Darrel K. Sweet covers, possibly on the grounds of taste and decency. Whilst replacing all the covers with black borders and the WoT sigil makes them look a bit boring, it does work and gives them an impressive appearance on the bookshelves in stores. I spoke to a couple of the guys from Orbit at a publisher's party, and they claimed UK sales of the series shot up quite noticeably once they replaced the covers, suggesting that the Sweet covers were actually actively putting people off from picking them up.

Maybe Tor should take note of that?

Archived