DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Priority before love? (ATTN THROM AND CORIN)

Alyria AlVire

DM Member

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:29 pm Post subject: Priority before love? (ATTN THROM AND CORIN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A smile burst on to Throm’s face as he turned to meet her gaze. He leaned back, since Alyria was still so close to him and started to speak. "Certainly my dear. Shall we skip out through the kitchen to avoid notice?" Alyria could not speak; the words seemed to be caught in her throat. She gave instead, an eager nod and listened to his plan. "You wait here a moment while I go first then follow." Alyria once again nodded, her heart feeling like it would burst with happiness at his acceptance.

Alyria watched him disappear into the kitchen as she started to count the seconds that passed. She grabbed a tray that was full of empty glasses and headed into the kitchen. Setting the tray down, she noticed that the cooks seemed to be relaxing in the kitchen, taking a small breather before they would have to start up. The scullery was hard at work, washing dishes as fast as they could.

Alyria set the tray down and started to head towards the door as a voice called out to her “Child, do not leave that tray there.†Alyria turned and looked, seeing one of the dishwashers staring at her. She turned red at her insolence and took the tray to where he was standing. Alyria handed him the tray, apologizing for her mistake. She stood there, half listening as he scolded her for not paying attention to the rules of the kitchen. She nodded politely, hoping Throm would not walk off without her.

The man turned back to his washing, loosing all interest in Alyria. She breathed a sigh of relief, and headed towards the door. She walked quickly, knowing she had made Throm wait long enough. She reached out and grabbed the door handle, ready to swing the door open.

Suddenly, the door jerked open and Alyria felt herself flying through the air. She was unable to stop herself from stumbling right into Throm’s arm. She felt shivers run through her body as his arms wrapped around her, saving her from falling. She could feel his chiseled chest against her body, making her flushed with the thoughts that sprang into her mind.

Alyria looked up at him, staring into his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it just as quickly. She felt herself getting lost in his eyes, lost in the feelings that she was having while his arms held her tight to his body. She felt herself melt into him, trying to get closer, as she became aware of his lips on hers. It was a soft kiss, filled with emotion and yearning. She felt time halt: everything around her fading away to the feeling of joy. She felt her heart sputter as the kiss lingered, filling her with warmth.

She felt a blast of hot air blow over her body as she gave a shiver, breaking the kiss. She felt a small sigh escape her at the loss of Throm’s lips on hers, loss of the warmth and solace she found there. She gave another shiver as the cool night air whisked away the warmth that was just there. She was suddenly aware of the kitchen door still being open, people milling about inside the room. She tried to move close to Throm, trying to drink in his warmth as he reached in, grabbed a cloak, and shut the door. He wrapped the cloak around Alyria and offered his arm to her as they started to walk down the street.

Alyria slide her arm into his, sliding close to him as they walked the streets of Tar Valon. She looked at him, aware of his eyes upon her. “It seems like forever since I have seen you last. You must have been training a lot while I was gone.†Alyria said, letting her eyes drink in the changes in him. “Your hair has grown longer.†Alyria said approvingly. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair. She pulled her hand back, startled and embarrassed at how bold she had become. She dropped her hand to her side while she looked at the buildings around them.

They walked in silence for a few minutes. Alyria had so much she wanted to tell him, but without knowing how he felt, it would do her no good. He started to speak softly as they continued down the street. “I am sorry you got punished for before.†Lowering his voice to almost a whisper, he continued. “Was it as bad there as I have heard?â€

Alyria looked at him, noticing his eyes filled with concern. She felt her heart open to him, telling him all of the trials and tribulations of the farm. She told him how hard it was, but she deserved the punishment she received. “At first it was hard, working in the fields all day. I must say though, after awhile, it became second nature. It was nice seeing things that you planted and cared for, grow into something wonderful.†She smiled at him, trying to hide that fact that it was very hard work, testing and trying her every ounce of strength and willpower.

After they finished talking about what went on at the farm, she looked back up at him, trying to decide what to say next. Speaking softly, she spoke how she felt, trying to hide the small tremble in her voice. “The thought of you, made my time at the farm bearable. I missed you.†The last came out as a raspy whisper. Throm had a look on his face that she could not read. She could not tell what he was thinking. She cleared her throat and tried to change the subject. “Why don’t you tell me about the punishment you received? I hope it was not a truly horrible experience.†She smiled at him, trying to gauge his reaction. She waited for him to say something, anything at all. Her heart pounded in her chest as the butterflies in her stomach returned.

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentee to Tiassale Morobin

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

rusviper

DM Member

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyria slid her arm into his, staying close to him as they walked the streets of Tar Valon. Throm couldn't take his eyes off her. She was everything he'd hoped and looked for beautiful and intelegent. A woman who knew her place in this vast world and was certain of where she was going.

She looked back at him flushing slightly as their eyes met. “It seems like forever since I have seen you last. You must have been training a lot while I was gone.†Alyria said, letting her eyes drink in the changes in him. “Your hair has grown longer.†Alyria said approvingly. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair. She pulled her hand back, startled and embarrassed at how bold she had become. She dropped her hand to her side while she looked at the buildings around them.

They walked in silence for a few minutes. Throm had so much he wanted to say, about his feelings and where he fit into her life but without knowing how she felt, it would do be like jumping off a cliff into a lake below. It could be warm and welcoming or bitterly cold and unforgiving. He started to speak softly as they continued down the street. “I am sorry you got punished for before.†Lowering his voice to almost a whisper, he continued. “Was it as bad there as I have heard?â€

Alyria looked at him, he knew his concern was written on his face as plain as day but he didn't care who saw it.She was like a floodgate once she started talking she just kept pouring it all out to him, telling him all of the trials and tribulations of the farm. She told him how hard it was, but she deserved the punishment she received. “At first it was hard, working in the fields all day. I must say though, after awhile, it became second nature. It was nice seeing things that you planted and cared for, grow into something wonderful.†She smiled at him, belying how hard the work was on her, but he knew. It was plain on her face and in her walk. Especially her hands told the tale of her work. The last time he'd held them they were soft and supple as a babe's new skin. Now they had the last vestages of calouses and rough places where she had torn the skin while working. Throm kept all these observances to himself lettng her have the dignity of still being the beautiful and alluring woman she was.

After they finished talking about what went on at the farm, she looked back up at him, trying to decide what to say next. Speaking softly, she said. “The thought of you, made my time at the farm bearable. I missed you.†The last came out as a raspy whisper. Throm was shocked. Here he was trying to figure out how to make that plunge off the cliff and she did it first. Inwardly he chuckled at that Was that a premonition of the way things would be for the rest of their lives. Her leading and him following after, ever watchful and cautious of dangers that lurk in the shadows.

Suddenly he came around as she cleared her throat and tried to change the subject. “Why don’t you tell me about the punishment you received? I hope it was not a truly horrible experience.†She smiled at him, trying to gauge his reaction. Here he was thinking about their future together and she had no clue what he was thinking and waiting for him to say something, anything at all. Startled with that realization he shook his head trying to think clearly but was not having much success. Looking around he spotted a small gazebo he recognized it was a mere few blocks from the rock table Eqwina had shown him before. That was a lifetime ago it seemed. Shaking his head again with a huge grim he took Alyria's hand and said "Do you want to see something woderful?" Then without so much as a sound he took off almost pulling her along to the blank wall alley.

"Now which rock was it?" Scratching his head Throm started pushing rocks at random. "I don't remember but give me a sec and I'll find it" After a few minutes of searching Throm shook his head again with a frown. "Ashes I really wanted to show you and I know this is the right alley but I just can't find the stone to open it." Then with a huff he leaned back against the wall and an audible click was heard, then a small door opened. With a big grin Throm grabbed Alyria's hand and went in to show her the magnificent table and chairs made as if they grew straight from the rock beneath them. Each chair was adorned with flowers, worked in a detailed pattern and painted in vivid colors.

Throm

Tower Guard Trainee.

Promised to no one.

We can all only be who we are, no more, no less.

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:20 am Post subject:

Alyria watched Throm as he stood there, staring at her. Suddenly he shook his head, as if clearing away the thoughts he was having. He looked around where they were standing. For a moment, Alyria thought he might be trying to find a way to escape. He did not answer her question, or even acknowledge her comment before! She watched as his eyes trailed over different areas surrounding them, stopping on a gazebo. He shook his head again, looked at Alyria with a huge grin, and grabbed her hand. "Do you want to see something wonderful?" He asked. He did not let Alyria even squeak out an answer before pulling her off down the alley.

She almost had to run to keep up with him, all the while trying to figure out what he was doing. 'Is this the way our future, if we even have one, is going to be? Him pulling me along; ignoring most of my questions and feelings?' Alyria knew she was having dangerous thoughts, but she could not stop the questions from flowing in her mind.

Throm's crystal voice started to speak again, drawing Alyria out of her thoughts.

"Now which rock was it?" She watched in amusement as Throm scratched his head and started pushing rocks on the wall. "I don't remember but give me a sec and I'll find it" Alyria stood there in awe, trying to figure out what he was doing. 'Maybe he drank some of the punch.' She thought, trying not to giggle. She smoothed the smile off her face, trying not to look like she was laughing at him. After a few minutes of searching, Throm shook his head again with a frown. "Ashes I really wanted to show you and I know this is the right alley but I just can't find the stone to open it." He sighed audibly and leaned up against the wall, dejectedly. There was a loud click and then the sounds of a door sliding open.

The smile on Throm's face went from ear to ear as he grabbed her hand again and ducked under the low door way. She had no choice but to follow. She looked around, realizing how dark it was in this room, starting to feel a bit frightened about what he was walking her into. She stopped and wove a small weave of fire, lighting one of the torches she saw on the wall when they walked in. She blinked as her eyes adjusted to the light, turning to see the shadows before her turn into something wondrous.

The light from the torch cast shadows on the floor and walls, some how making the room seem larger than it was. There was a very large table and chairs in the middle of the room. Upon first glance, they looked like they were growing out of the stone floor itself. They had very brightly colored flowers worked in detail adorning them, drawing the eyes to the brilliant craftsmanship. Throm drew her closer to the table, allowing her to see that they were real, not worked into the stone. Alyria drew her hands lightly across the table, feeling the cold stone and the soft flowers.

"This is beautiful Throm. I have never seen anything like this before." She spoke softly. She walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. She waited until he had also sat before speaking. She knew what she said next would be one of the hardest things she would ever have to say. Since he did not say anything before about her questions, she was not even sure she should be saying anything at all. 'Why would he have waited for me all these months? I am sure he has someone else by now.' The butterflies in her stomach and the feelings she felt, demanded to know, before she fell into this any deeper. She gave him a weak smile, preparing herself for the rejection she knew she was going to receive.

"Throm, I need to know what you are thinking." She stopped, feeling a deep blush spread across her face. She looked down at her hands, trying to still them from the wringing they were doing. "I care for you deeply, even though I have only known you for a few short months. In fact, I know almost nothing about you. Yet, thoughts of you and your touches are forever in my dreams. No matter what, I cannot stop thinking about you, about when I will see you again, even in a quick passing glance. Am I alone in my thoughts and feelings Throm? Am I just a foolish child with a crush that will never come to be?" Alyria's voice dropped to a whisper. The last was not meant for his ears, but she knew he heard it anyways. She looked straight into his stunned expression, trying to keep her eyes steady on his. "Where do I fit into your life?"

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentee to Tiassale Morobin

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly