DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lost...

Taei

You know, when I first read this I thought to myself "she hasn't read the thread!" So I went to look for the thread where all the starting info was on. It was at this point I discovered that over this time, I never wrote up a thread for people looking to join, save that policy statement from awhile back.

So, first of all, my apologies for being a lazy gimp and not having done it sooner :) But, onto fixing things up for you.

First of all, the bio structure for an FL bio:

Handle:

Character Name:

Email address:

Division: Freelanders

Physical Description: (Height, weight, eyes, hair, other outstanding features)

Place of Birth/Raising:

Character History: (Should include any major events in the character's life prior to joining the Division, as well as any significant RPs since)

As to what characters you can play, just about any. The only line I draw currently is royalty, you can't start off like that. Also, despite the fact that you can make any char you want, there are some chars that work better than others. My basic advice in this respect would be to make a character that has an excuse to travel. My own experience is that Freelanders tied to one city or area tend to get isolated when there is no one near them. Those that can travel can simply move to somewhere that there are other PC's and can get involved more easily.

To give you some ideas on what kind of characters we cater for... Thieves, nobles, mercaneries, soldiers, merchants, sea folk, ogier, animals (we have a horse character about somewhere heh), male and female channelers (while there are no male groups, the females do have the kin, though do not 'have' to be kin). The only real limits to what character you want to play are your own imagination (and a bit of reasonableness, requesting sa'angreal or shocklances to begin with will get a big no) :D

Also, new people with their first char to the FL, like in other divs, can only start with a max of 5 WS. So its usually better for your first char to be someone starting from the bottom up. Having said that, if for history reasons you want them to have been, say, a royal guard of some description or whatnot and needed a higher WS, we can figure something out.

Pretty much the core of FL, just about everything is negotiable.

As to who to talk to, that would be me :) Just added you to my MSN, when I catch ya on, I'll chat to you then about characters and whatnot.

And possibly Monkey Magic. Monkey is awesome. *nods*

I've been meaning to ask, James. How many Royalty do we have? I've only seen the Queen of Saldaea.

And hello, Taei, welcome to the Freelanders. I am the first and only Male Wilder, and the only fully independent channeller, of the Freelanders. It may be a bulky title, but I love it all the same. :D

What type character are you thinking of having?

And yes, James, you are a lazy gimp.

Queen of Caemlyn hasn't RPed in ages, though, or has she? Just going off what Rand said *shrugs*

Btw, James, can I have a shocklance? I was thinking of doing something with this sa'angreal I've got. Ya, I know, not a channeler, but I figure it doesn't matter as I have a pair of Aes Sedai on a'dam... :P

Understandable. Rand is pretty hot. So is the Troll for that matter :P

Speaking of which, I was thinking in addition to the shocklance that maybe a sho-wing would be good. I mean, I can't just have the Queen of Saldaea and her leashed AS *walking*, now can I? Don't be silly.

Our only PC royalty so far is the Queen of Saldaea. She started off noble and earnt her way up to it.

Amalise the Queen of Andor once had a player long ago, but that player hasn't played the Queen in a long time, and hasn't claimed it back since her last return. So, unless something changes, I'm treating the char as an NSW.

No other Royalty have been determined really. Because info was never centralised, there are different NPC's of royalty in some nations and none determined in others. Hence why I started project burnout to make up the info, but yeah, still in the works :)

Heh Ata, NSW's can be loaned out for use :D

And if you can get a sho-wing approved Amanda, you can have it :P Having said that, I've tried to get one for years and got told no. On the otherhand, I did say the first thing I'd do with it with Be`lal would be to napalm the White Tower, so that might have been a contributing factor :D

Hmm...well maybe I pull some sort of bait and switch...I'll think on that. Also, we could team up on the Incarns and pester them into submission, then share the sho-wing and whatnot. I mean, as soon as Leilwinn is done terrorizing the other Borderlands into submission and they have successfully been renamed "Leilwinnlandia", you can take it for all I care and slag whatever you like. *shrugs* Its an idea.

I mean' date=' as soon as Leilwinn is done terrorizing the other Borderlands into submission and they have successfully been renamed "Leilwinnlandia", you can take it for all I care and slag whatever you like. *shrugs* Its an idea.[/quote']

Leilalalala....I can't even say that! :P

Oh yea, I'm all for torturing Rand. :twisted:

*laughs* Well he won't tire anytime soon, so its all good, I'm free for the meantime before you try to chase my down like a lion with an antelope, or a hammer with a cantelope?

Dammit, stupid song stuck in my head *grumbles*

Edit: And you owe me a post :P